I have been having these neck problems for almost a year now. I was nothing much in a beginning, just a slight annoyance and it stayed like that until several weeks ago when it turned into a real pain. So, I have been thinking about chiropractic neck adjustment, can that cause throat problems?

I really don't think you have to worry that much about the chiropractic session. I mean, you have to know that even the doctors cannot (they are not even trained for that!) locate and correct problems related to spinal nerve stress. Only those that devoted their entire life to that method might be successful and believe me there is no room for mistake or damaging surrounding tissue.

Yes they can I have been dealing with real throat problems for over a year it has consumed my life and ruined it I must say
Don't EVER go to one they can kill you!

What type of symptoms do you have. I been seeing a chiropractor which has helped me but shortly I've been having feeling of being slightly choked it's very uncomfortable I've been too the emergency room three times and they have run every test possible and can't find anything thing! I did bring this up to my chiropractor and he did confirm that there could be cervical swelling in or around the area that is being worked on! Now knowing that does it ever go away! It's making me feel scared that's leading to panic attacks and anxiety.

hey!! im feeling the same way. truly.
has it gone away for you??
its consuming my life.

Ian so screwed as well.can no swallow and swelled 3 weeks and on high doses of prednisone

I recently had my neck adjusted and have had pain in my front side next to my throat and have been in pain I ended up in the ER the day after having chest pains and a hard time breathing .. It's been a week since then Ive missed 3 days of work , can't sleep , having some minor chest pains still have pain in my throat, had a test done on my coradid artery to find out that's ok .. don't know what to do nerves are terrible I lay awake in bed just shaking any advise would help ..

are u still having throat discomfort?

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

So does that mean the pain came from the neck adjustment you had?

I was having adjustments by a chiropractor and went about five times to this guy and the last time I went to him and He adjusted my neck my neck would not pop and he did it again and I felt pain in my neck but it still didn't pop probably a couple of days afterwards or so I started noticing that my throat felt swollen and I started taking medicine thinking I was coming down with a cold. Then I thought maybe I was having an allergic reaction so I start taking some allergy medicine here is being about three months and I still have this difficulty swallowing where I can feel like my throat is swollen but I have no pain eating. I went and saw a ENT and he said he didn't see any swelling in my throat and everything seems fine. He sent me for barium swallow which I had done at the hospital. They gave a report that basically says that there is slight extrinsic compression deformity noted at the osteophytes anterior to the vertebral body of C5. I cannot say definitively that the chiropractor cause my problem but I have never experienced anything like this before and I do feel as though the adjustment that he did has caused a problem with my throat being swollen. I have been taking some dry mouth mouthwash seeing if that would help and it seems to give me some slight relief. But I don't know if this is ever going to be resolved my neck is extremely tight and maybe if I keep stretching my neck this issue will be resolved.

I have also experienced issues with my throat following chiropractic treatment to my neck. It's been 14 weeks now and it seems to be getting worse. ENT have recently found a lump in my throat that is being removed on Friday however i have no proof that this is causing my discomfort. I have also had an MRI soft tissue scan on my throat and mouth last week and i'm still awaiting the results. I have never suffered swallowing issues prior to the treatment.
Are you feeling any better now?

I hope your procedure goes well and resolve your issue. I have noticed that my throat is significantly better. Not sure if I mentioned it in my original post but a specialist told me that my neck had a curvature that may have been causing the problem with my swallowing. But I have been making an effort to do some neck exercises and I think that may have helped resolve my issue. Also I was taking a product for dry mouth and over the counter product. So um my swallowing most of the time isn't as pronounced as it used to be but I am very much convinced it has something to do with the chiropractic treatment that I received because my neck felt like it was not turned properly when he treated me

What neck exercises did you do to alleviate the issue? A website link would help. I had the same experience of discomfort in neck after chiropractic treatment. I was told AFTER by a nurse to never let a chiropractor adjust my neck. I wish I had known that before. It is just a bad idea to let them do that.

For the person with anxiety, try praying. I know it sounds hockey, but God cares. I think sometimes we forget that He's there. Begin to hope again and find peace. Also, to all who have the neck issue, as I have, sleep on your back. Somehow it seems to realign the spine each night. Read too the book of Matthew in the Bible for some inspiration and stories of healing.

If you are in the Philadelphia area Levent Erdogan chiropractor may be able to help you. he has helped a friend of mine with neck issues. i am sure you can find a well trained chiropractor in your area