Hello, I am 45 years old and it looks like I have some serious problems with my eyes. Actually, cataract has developed on my right eye and it is greatly disabling my vision. The only solution left is surgery and I have to admit that it makes me a bit uncomfortable. Can you tell me how long does post op care of cataract surgery last?

There are two methods of treating cataract in adults. One is inter capsule extraction of cataract and the other is extra capsule extraction and there is one additional option, implementation of artificial lens. Depending on the age of the patient, method of surgery and of course, efficacy of the surgery, post op care might last very short but also can be very long.

Typically patients recover very quickly. The total time (as far as insurance is concerned) is 90 days. Usually patients can return to work in a few days. Lifting after cataract surgery is often restricted though. Basically, it is a week, but can last up to a few months.

Lens type also plays into this. The Crystalens for example can require eye exercises that last for a few months for it to work.

Hope this helps.

I think this page (well, a link at the bottom) has what you are looking for :)