Hi, I heard from my friend about cystic fibrosis as severe genetic disease and my other friend has child who is suffering from it. As I intend to become mother next year I would like to know is there any way to prevent this disease. In deed main reason why I am asking this is my husband who told me that his younger brother had died as baby from cystic fibrosis but he is not totally sure about it.

Hi, in this moment there is not other way to prevent cystic fibrosis but to visit genetic counselor who will tell you what to do. If your husband is carrier you will have healthy children because you don't have gene for this disease. Anyway you have to be careful because there is possibility that your child may be the carrier of this gene as your husband. There are some experiments with fatty acids which may bring light in this area and prolong life of these people but it is too early to make conclusion about it.