Do you think me and my husband should have some cystic fibrosis tests for I know I have this defected gene in my family history or precisely my mum has died from cystic fibrosis and I probably am a cystic fibrosis carrier. Anyway I am planning on getting pregnant and would like to hear would some cystic fibrosis tests help me with this decision for I won't like my kid have the same diagnose when it is born? Thanks much!

You should be having cystic fibrosis tests especially regarding the fact your mum had the disease so it is most likely you are cystic fibrosis carrier. Anyway your baby could have cystic fibroses only if both parents have it which is very rare but who knows for it may easily happen your husband is carrier also without even being aware of it so it is always better to have this cystic fibrosis tests done just to avoid possible complications. And in case that both of you were positive on cystic fibrosis tests you still have an option of getting pregnant without risk for your baby and it is –vitro fertilization where only healthy embryos are implanted in your uterus.