Hi, I am 34 years old and I am suffering from cystic fibrosis which affected my lungs. It shortens breath and makes my breading very difficult. I am using all symptomatic medications and I have changed my nutrition habits but still I feel pretty bad. I have heard of gene therapy which will be able to cure this disease so I would like to know something more about it.

Hi, as someone who is also suffering from cystic fibrosis I am very interested in these attempts to find cure for this disease. As I have heard main idea is to use genetic therapy which would be inhaled trough the lungs airways and replace cells with defective genes. Process of replacement would do the viruses and they would bring healthy gene to the sick cells. Problem is in the fact that our organism has good defending system against viruses and allergens so till now these effects lasted very short part of time.