I'm either losing my mind, or I'm pregnant. 11 weeks ago, when I was ovulating, my fiance and I had sex and the condom broke. A week later I started experiencing typical implantation symptoms (nausea, fatigue, cramping - and a raise in basal body temperature). I was very convinced that I was pregnant, and took a HPT 3 days after my missed period. About 2 hours after testing negative I started the heaviest, most painful period of my life. It was so strange that I thought I may have actually been pregnant but miscarried. Either way, I let it go and carried on with my life. My next period, which I had two weeks ago was two weeks late, so I took another pregnancy test which was also negative. Again, I carried on with my life - but then after my period ended I noticed that my 'bloating' didn't go away, but instead my stomach GREW. The only place I'm noticing any difference is right under my belly button, which I understand to be the typical 'baby bump' spot. I weighed myself and realized that I put on 10 pounds in about a month and a half, which is extremely strange for me.

Now, I know that you cannot have an actual period when you're pregnant, but that you can have period like bleeding. My question is, has anything like this ever happened to any of you? Have you heard of this happening to anyone you know? I've never been pregnant before, so I don't even have a basis for comparison.

PS: I did go to the Dr. I'm impatiently waiting for the blood test results.

Thanks!

Hi Donna: Actually more and more women are getting their periods while pregnant. There has been a HUGE rise in the amount of women who are TOTALLY shocked that they are pregnant because of that fact. So wait for the blood test results. It ALL depends on when you became pregnant. You could have gotten pregnant since then and your HCG levels are too low too tell on the test. Fertilization can happen upto 3 days after unprotected sex. Have you had unprotected sex, or an accident since you bled really heavily?