Hi I'm 20 years old and me and my boyfriend have been having unprotected sex for awhile and the past couple of weeks my nipples have been really really sore and I've been sleeping a lot during the day I've also been having what I think is lactation when I squeeze my nipples a white colored liquid comes out from both sides my period is due in 2 days my last period was march 26. Can anyone tell me what's going on?

Hi there

Well first things first...when was your last period?  You may very well be pregnant, but very early stage...you should wait and see if the next period shows up...give it a week to be on the safe side.  Then do a home pregnancy test, not all tests pick up baby early so dont be fooled.

When I say dont be fooled...I mean it from experience...I had my last period almost 5 months ago...have been doing home tests every month and kept getting a negative.  3 weeks ago I did one and blow me down...positive.  Nature would make me believe that I was about 4 months pregnant...but I am actually only 4 weeks.  I may add that the same thing happened to me over 2 years ago as well.  The past month I have been sleeping a lot.  Once in a period of 24 hours...I slept for 17 hours only waking up to eat.  My boobs are a part of the body now that God help my husband if he so much as touched them lol, and I too have noticed a little something but hon...the brain is a powerful tool, it will make you believe what you are thinking...

I have a booking in a months time to see my gynie and have a second scan done, by this time we should actually be able to see baby clearly and I hope...hear a heartbeat!!!

My last period was march 26 and thank you for your response it was helpful but it was weird cause this white liquid discharge just randomly started I noticed it last night while taking a bath I still don't know what it is. How does lactating feel like the consistency if I may ask you

Hi again...

So u actually have not as yet missed a period then...I will still say wait and see when the next comes around. I am a little unsure now as to why you are having the discharge...it would be way too early to have that happen. Have you noticed a huge change in your breasts the last month? How was your last period? Any different to the one that you had before? Have you perhaps spoken to your mom about your concerns?

You asked me how does lactating feel like, well its just like milk, just transparent in the beginning...this I may add is normally seen flowing well into the pregnancy, Have you had unprotected sex in the past other months? Im asking as there could be a chance that you are very pregnant. When I say "very" I mean maybe 8 weeks MAYBE!!!!

My sister had her periods for 3 months and she was already pregnant (3 months to be exact)...
As for me and my body now...I look like I am 4 months, my boobs are really swollen and I can already see blue veins going to my nipple. When I was told that the Dr could not find a 15 weeks baby in me, I soon demanded to look and I promise you...it is not there...I do however see the start of life in its place and as they could not confirm how many weeks for sure, they have said 4 weeks...

I would do a home test now...just to see what it says, and then another a week after the next period...if it comes!!! If you are pregnant, do you have an adult that you can talk to at home? You are so young and I know what it feels like to be pregnant at your age. I was 18 when I fell pregnant, 19 when my son was born and then he passed on a week later. I am now 38, much more experienced in the field.

My girl, I hope that I have in some way helped you today.

K

The only change that I noticed is my nipples they've been extreamely sensitive more than usual and I believe that my areolas are darker I'm not to sure as for my last period it was different t started off like a brownish red then proceed to flow like a regular period but lasted 3 days and usually it lasts 4 to 5 days and I have spoken to my mom even last month but I took a home pregnancy test and it came up negative and for the unprotected sex we just started about 4 months ago. If I am pregnant I have my mom to talk to at home she also wants me to get a pregnancy blood test if I don't get my period this month

Hello again...

First things first, I am soooooooooooo proud of you for going to your mom with this situation. Just by doing that it already tells me that you are mature enough to have a little one! Then please tell your mom that I said WELL DONE on being a good parent. I am glad that you have your mom, I on the other hand had no body...

Ok, well this is what I strongly believe...the period that you had last month...was actually not a period, but the result of implantation of the egg. It is very normal and NO...it does not happen with every pregnancy! A home test is good, but I must be honest, I have no faith in them. Your mom is 100% correct in saying that you should have a blood test done. You could actually already have the blood test done now, but I would wait a week if no period this time around...

I wish you all the best, and I do hope that you will keep me updated...

Thank you so much you really helped me and I will keep you updated:) and by the way congrats on your little one too

Hello there
Sorry again on the delay in my reply, I am fighting the flu so I am really not well at the moment.

I am really glad that I was able to help you, thank you for the 'congrats'...I will keep you updated!!!

Please let me know how it goes with you ok

Stay strong and get lots of rest...NO PICKING UP HEAVY THINGS...

I'm also congested my right side of my face is congested what can intake to get rid of it?

My girl...at this stage, you cannot take anything.  Medication will harm the baby, so lots of sleep, black tea (and stay off all dairy products)  you need to also drink loads of water...keep warm, eat lots of soup as well...

Hello there

As promised I did say that I would give you feedback on my baby saga...

It is with great sadness that I have to say I woke up this morning to see blood...I have lost the baby.

Please still keep me updated on whats going on with you, and again I wish you all the best...

I'm so sorry for your little ones loss as for me I'm confused I got what I think is my period but it started like the other one I had mentioned but ended like a pink color I told my mom she thinks I'm not pregnant I have no idea what's going on