Hello I'm new to this but I really need some help. My husband and I had sex 2 days before and during my menstural cycle and it ended 2days earlier than normal and on april 4th I had some spotting and now I have lower abdomen cramps headaches and sensitive to some smells any suggestions on what might be going on?

Hi Guest,

You know what may be going on.  You may be pregnant of course.  You may have to wait awhile longer to test but chances look good.

Keeping your fingers crossed for you, good luck

I thought I might be but I've taken two test and they came up negative although I'm not supposed to start my next cycle until 4-20 and iv been having the lower back pains along with being uncomfortable when Iaying down should Itake another pregnancy test on the 20th??

Yeah, you will have to at least wait for 3 weeks and in most cases that is too early to. Wait until you miss period which is the best test of all. Go to the spa and get pampered BUT don't go for a steam shower or sit in the hot tub. Start taking a prenatal vitamin already too it will help when and if you are pregnant.

Until I know the results is it ok to eat spicy foods? That's all I've wanted

I ate spicy food throughout my whole pregnancy and my little girl (2.5 yrs old) has no food aversions and loves east indian food (we are caucasian), she loves all ethnic food. So it shouldn't do any harm at all.

I'm also concerned I'm helping some one move so should Ido any heavy lifting or not??

Hi Liz,

You should limit your weight with lifting. You can help your friend move but nothing heavy as that can cause a 'hernia' type and thus could miscarry. Please be careful. And, good luck and congratulations to you as well.
How far are you along?

So I'm only 3 weeks along but for some reason I have the rib pain breast bone pain stomach cramps and mood swings like I should be further along is this normal or should I be worried that something is wrong??

Hi Liz,

Wait until your ultrasound sometimes doctors can be wrong and what looked like a period maybe wasn't. Mention this to your doctor and maybe they will send you for a early ultrasound.

So my last menstrual cycle may not have been a period at all?? It ended 3 days early and the end of it had some brown coloring to it I know tmi but then on april 4th I had some light darkish red spotting is that normal?

To me it sounds like it was implantation bleeding but I'm not a doctor. Implantation bleeding lasts for 2 or 3 days and is usually dark in color due to the old blood. Some women continue to bleed throughout their pregnancy, not saying you are one of them but maybe it takes your body awhile to adjust and remember it shouldn't have a period or produce any blood.
When do you get to see a OB?

So what I thought was my period could have been something else?? Just wondering cuz it ended 3 days sooner and at the end it had a brownish color I know tmi but then on then 4th of april I had some very light darkish red spotting what could be going on??

When do you see your OB?