Hi, I am 19 years old male, without any major issues. I think I am pretty smart and I did very well in high school and so do at college and in sports. However, last 7 years that I can remember, I was feeling "strange" about my self. Probably I was like that all my life, but do not remember exactly how I was when baby. :) anyways, I never considered me having any disorder or issue but lately I started to research my symptoms and it seems very similar to ADD/AHDH, however I might be mistaken and it might be totally different thing. Without further word this is how I feel:
1. I very easily get distracted. For example: when I study in the college library or just do homework home I can notice every little thing that is going on or changing around me. I tried to invest myself totally to the work that I do but I can not stop noticing hundred things together :(
2. Often I find myself to forget things or sometimes after conversation with someone I can not thing clearly and I feel very confuse and it seems like me mind is in fog. I just can not process things in the details, it sucks I try to pick a topic think about it to the depth but often its very hard.
3. I would say I am also very disorganized. Time management is one of the great problems for me.
4. i am also very active but not particularly in a physical or/and talking way but more like my mind is always "on the go".
5. Impulsivity, i very often do thing that I know might be wrong but just can not inhibit my responses and behavior. I often act and speak before thinking, reacting in a rapid way without considering consequences. I usually rush through assignments without carefully reading or listening to instructions. I also have hard time to be patient. I go full swing into situations and may even place myself in potentially risky situations without thought. I have stress in school/work not that I do not do it but I always rush into deadlines after wasting time for doing nothing.
6. Relationships, when I am with a girl or just friend of mine I feel like I can not chill my mind and it is constantly not fit to its place. Probably this does not even make sense :P Therefore very often I have hard time to have a girlfriend or making new friends.
7. I really do not have a hard time to study well or do well in sports.
In conlusion, I think all of these symptoms are a reason to think I might have ADD/ADHD that I was not aware of before.
Please let me know what you guys think, it will be very helpful for me and if u think it might be something else please also let me know.
Thanks a bunch :))