ok so I am 17 I have been dating my boyfriend for almost 3 years and I think he is the one I wnat to settel down with. we our sexuly active I am not on the pill and I dont want to be he wants to have a baby now but I am not sure if I do. I want to but then I think about schooling and I just dont know what to do any advice will really help me decide should I get pregant . %-)

The quick answer is no. Don't get pregnant. You aren't sure so don't let him talk you into it.

You are thinking about school. I'm not sure if you mean past high school but at 17 I expect that you are still in high school. Think about your future, his, and the babies. How old is your boyfriend?

How are you both going to support the baby? It costs a lot of money to live on your own and raise a child. Are you going to continue to live at home or will you move in together? Do you both have jobs? You'll need child care if you both work, that's expensive.

A baby requires 100% care and attention. You can't go out and leave the baby unattended. Most of your friends aren't going to want to hang around with you and a crying baby. You'll be doing diaper changes, feedings, wiping noses, all the time. If he is about as old as you it is unlikely he'll want to be around all the time too. He'll want to go out and hang with his friends. You'll be stuck at home alone with the baby, as always.

I'm sure your parents will help you out, once in a while. But they've done their job of raising a daughter. It's not their job to raise your child. The same with his.

How many other boyfriends have you had? Look around. Go out, meet other guys and see what you have in common. How can you be sure you want to "settle down" with him if you haven't really given others the opportunity. I'm not saying he's not wonderful, but there might be someone else even more special out there just waiting for you.

You are smart to question your decision. What happens if you wait? Nothing. If he loves you he'll wait for you to say you're ready and without him pressuring you. If you wait 4 years, does it matter? If you're still together by then you'll be done with your schooling and ready for a new challenge.

I don't see the need to rush. Take your time.

Good luck, let us know how you're doing.

Yes we would move in together. I have dated 4 he is number 5 and when I said school I want to go out in the medical field like as an x-ray tech or even a Pediatric nurse. he is going out in law. right now he is working for an electric compony and well me I am going to school and working at a food place.and as for the friend thing I dont have any I never go out with the girls they always blow me off or I never get incited to go with them so that would be nothing new for me. and I know my mom would help both of my lodest sisters were pre in high school and she was there for them 100% I am more worried about my sisters and brother.
and you have been pretty helpful thanx. :-)

I'm glad you found my comments helpful. I really just don't see the rush.

To achieve your goals you both have a lot of hard work and expense ahead of you. Your boyfriend is looking at many years of school ahead of him. Has he been accepted to law school? Is this a full or part time job that he has now? You're looking at at least 4 years to be a pediatric nurse with lots of hours and odd shifts too.

Once you're settled into your careers would be the better time to get pregnant. You'll still be young at 21 or 22.

Think about it.

he is full time. ya I see what you are saying thanks so much I do belive I am so glad someone was willing to give me great advice! :-D

Any time you need something, just ask. That's the great thing about this board. Lots of people willing to help anyone.

Just remember, you don't need to rush into having a baby. Get yourself settled first. It's better for you, your baby, and your boyfriend (husband?).

Good luck.

I know I am so glad I found this site! its helped alot!

I'm really glad to hear that you decided to put your plans for starting a family off for a few years. Where are you looking to go to school?