OK I KNOW THIS SOUNDS A LITTLE WEIRD. BUT I AM 17 YEARS OLD I WILL BE 18 IN 2 MONTHS. AND I REALLY REALLY WANT TO HAVE A BABY. I KNOW THAT IT WOULD NOT BE THE RIGHT TIME IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW TO HAVE ONE AND I DON'T WANT TO REALLY HEAR THAT I SHOULD WAIT TILL I'M ALITTLE OLDER OLDER BECAUSE I KNOW THAT'S THE BETTER DESSCION BUT I HAVE TOATLY THOUGHT ABOUT THIS ALOT AND HOW THE CHILD'S LIFE WOULD BE. AND I WOULD HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF IT AND SUPPORT IT AND MAKE DESSCIONS FOR IT FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE BUT I WANT TO LOVE IT AND I WANT IT TO LOVE ME BACK. BUT I KNOW THAT I CAN GET A JOB AND FIGURE SOMETHING OUT. ME AND MY BOYFRIEND HAD SEX AND I HAD JUST GOT OFF MY PERIOD HE DIDN'T USE A CONDOM AND HE SAID THAT HE DIDN'T CUM INSIDE ME BUT HE DIDN'T PULL OUT EITHER I THINK HE DID CUM INSIDE OF ME. IVE BEEN FEELING REALLY TIERD LATLEY. MY BOOBS HURT REALLY BAD AND I'VE BEEN HAVING NAUSEA. AND MOOD SWINGS. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES THAT I COULD BE PREGNANT?!

chances are high any form of unprotected sex is high,
about the wanting the baby i dont think you fully understand the responsiblity of having a child, and how its not all flowers and pretty rainbows, its hard work trust me i know, and yeah yeah you dont want to hear what the adults have to say about this but honestly coming from a person who had a child at a early age, its tough work and i wished i had waiting for a better time when financially, maturity, and responsibility were more intact. and you dont always know if your other will be there to help support it. but ultimatly your choice but just dont think about it as you have something to love because ya that is the main part of a child loving it but you also have to raise it, and your not done being raised yourself financial and responsiblitly along with maturness is also knocked into place. bringining a child into this world is a big step to take on in life. its not just for you but think about the child it cant just live off of love.
take a test to find out dont trust the signs trust the test.

I know that you are saying all of that from expierence. But that dosen't mean that I am not capable of having a baby at this age and having it come out wtih a good outcome. Wich is what you pretty much said. You maybe be thinking that I am ignoarant and I don't know what I have coming if I become pregnant. I will have to toatly cut my whole life off and work 2 jobs. I know my bf will support it too. Never go out with my friends. Finnish up High School. Get a babysitter and pay for that. Get into a college. And get a good job. Make really important desscions for this child. Make sure it is healthy and has all of it's need's met. BELIEVE ME I never thought that raising a child would be "flowers, and rainbows." But I know that I really want to have a child. -Thanks for the help.

ok well if u think u know whats best then by all means try to have a baby but advice adivce advice wouldnt you want to spend anytime with your kid? working going to school doing all that doesnt leave much room for the kiddo , maybe if u thought about it maybe work your 2 jobs get done with school and then have a baby youll be set youd be able to spend time and raise your child, you cant raise your child by sending it to the babysitter while your working and going to school, maybe i really think you need to think about this childs life im not saying your ignorant but your not thinking of the realisticness of having a child honestly maybe you should sit down and think if u finish school have money have a place and well off then see how much time youll be with your kid VS. working going to school and having a life(we all need one) and have less time with your kid becuase your so caught up in trying to get and education and working. blah i cant debate with this nor will i try anymore you will do whatever pleases your mind and im just letting you know its more than what you think and trust me you dont understand at all you might think you do but you dont. try to wake up ever 2 hours with the baby then have to get up early and go to school right after class rush to your job work come home tired to hear the baby crying and repeat daily wash rinse and lather throughly try that, & thats not even the half of it. but hell if u do have a kids best of luck with it and i hope you you enjoy the time you do have with the your baby, past the working past the college past the stress ...

I'd like to give you a few things to think about. And I don't really mean to sound critical but maybe I am a little more experienced than you.

1) Let's say you've had junior. He's about 1 and catches chicken pox, (the vaccine doesn't always work) Your sitter says " I can't watch Jr. because my kids might catch it......" So how do you go to your two jobs AND school AND still take care of Jr. till he can go back to the sitters?

2) You've lost your jobs, (because Jr. was sick) you have to go to summer school because now you're a week behind in school and you don't have insurance to cover the baby's doctors appointments and prescriptions. Who'd pay for this? If you think that medic-aide and other programs should cover it, I'd have to say why should MY dh and I have to pay for your choices.

3)Have you ever supported yourself, with out your family's help? If they cut you off who pays for your labor and delivery? housing, food, clothing, transportation, fun, etc....

4) If Jr. is born with birth defects or other difficulties how will you handle this and all the other things you need to do?

5) What if you have to go on total bedrest for the last 6 months of a pregnancy who takes care of you?

6) This happened to a friend- Your BF gets killed in a car accident before Jr. is born and you can't prove his paternity how do you file for SS benefits to support Jr.

All that said just to reach this part. I don't think you could have thought of all of the different things that could go wrong even when much may be going right.

If, and I mean IF, you decide to have a baby then you should get all your ducks in a row first. Finish School and get a job and a home of your own before you get pregnant. If you think doing all of that would be easy enough to do WITH a child why not just do that first? (I'm not even going to tell you what I think about marriage)

I think to get pregnant before you take care of your other business first is just selfish and wrong. If you have enough love for a baby then you should want the BEST start for Him or her, not just whatever you can manage to do. If you just want to be loved and to give love without all the harsh realities maybe you should try starting with a pet.

You really should wait till you find that special one. And if your BF means that much to you then get married first then have children. And make sure you can pay for your childs food, cloths, and all that good stuff. But, make sure you will have money for yourself to get things that you need or want. Once you bring a child into this world it's all about them and not you anymore. Just give it time and it will happen. Just don't throw the best or your years away just becuase you think your in love and want a baby. He will run!!!!! He will want to hange with his friends, and do things when ever and when you have a baby you can't just get up and leave. Good luck. Let me know what you decide.

Hey there hun, I couldn't help but respond to this. I'm 19 and I'm here for very the same reasons as you, yet different ones. I'm here b/c I'm wondering if I'm pregnant, but I'm not trying to have a baby.

I agree with every single one of these ladies above me. Think about what they are saying. I love children.. love them. I've watched my cousins two youngest everyday since they were both 6 weeks old. Ryan will be 6 in September and Maggie turned 3 yesterday. At my age I seem to have a ton of friends going through what I call baby fever. From watching kids I know how hard, time consuming, and costly it is. It's hard, really hard, and I got to send my two brats home everyday. Watching them cured me of my baby fever, and now I may be pregnant. Go figure.

My advice to you. Talk to your parents about this.. see what they think. Let me tell you, if you don't have your parents support in this it's going to be hard. I know you say you've thought about all this, you know you will have to work two jobs, and go to school, and take care of a baby and expenses. How much have you talked to your boyfriend about this? Does he know he will be giving up his life too? Does he understand that he will never see you b/c you will be working two jobs and going to school. Does he know that he'll probably have this baby a lot of the time b/c you plan on doing all that. Do you understand what kind of strain this could cause on your relationship?

One thing I have to question, and I'm not trying to hurt, upset, or offend you but.. you said your boyfriend said he didn't come inside you, but you also said he would be there to support this baby. Does he really want a baby? I mean, have y'all really talked about all this in detail of the things I mentioned above? It seems that if he wanted a baby as bad as you seem to, and y'all had talked about every detail, which you need to, and he still wanted a baby. Why didn't he come inside of you if y'all (meaning both of you) want to have a baby. This is something you really need to talk to him about. It's not something you can throw a guy into.. trust me. I'm having a hard enough time dealing with the father of my possible child. It's hell!! Don't put yourself through it, don't put him through it, it's not fair to either of you.

I'm sorry if you feel like I've preached at you, I'm not trying to. I don't think anyone who has posted here is trying to preach at you. You asked for help, opinions, and now you're getting them. I hope everything works out for you! I wish you nothing but the best! Goodluck!

Kasey

Hello, I just wanted to say I couldn't agree more with the responses you have gotten. I, myself, was 16 years old when I had my first child. I, sadly enough, got baby fever when i was 15 because my best friend had a baby when she was 14. And I watched her baby ALL the time. The dad told her from day 1 he would be there, help her, rub her tummy, help her in labor, support them, care for the baby while she finished school. You know what he did? She was 8 months pregnant standing at my doorstep in shambles because he left her. He said she was fat and couldn't handle a baby like he thought. So since that day, I stepped in and helped her as much as I could. At first, it made me see the serious reality of having a baby young, but for some stupid reason, I began to want one. Then it got worse. 8-| I ended up talking to this guy, we started dating and I got pregnant. oddly enough, as bad as i wanted a baby, i wasn't trying. i think i was still sort of scared about the idea. But i did get pregnant. I was so scared by the reality of it. I thought I was very well prepared for this. and i wasn't. I was lucky enough to have the best mom in the world. I told her, she was very upset of course, but she helped me deal with it. when my son was 6 months old, my boyfriend left me. he said he couldnt take it. even after he made all kinds of promises to me. then when i was almost 18, i met this guy. he accepted me and my son and seemed to really enjoy my son. he took him in as his own. i got pregnant again. i got married. now at 21, i am still married and have had 1 more baby. so I am trying to tell you that I, so far, am one of the lucky ones. When I read your post, i couldn't help but respond. I know what you are thinking about having a baby. trust me, i was there BIG TIME. i know how bad you must be yearning or a baby, but, take it from me and my experiance, 17 is not the age. i thought, when i met my how husband, that since he was in the Army, having a family in the Army, we would be taken care of. I was so wrong. He is a lower rank, gets paid less than minimum wage and with both our jobs combined, we make barley enough to support the kids. the point is, you do not know what your future holds for you. you are still only 17. i know when i was 17 i hated more than anything hearing this, but i'm gonna say it anyways, your not grown up yet. you cant make adult decisions. i myself am still growing up. i will admit that. i still have a lot of learning to do. but one thing i've learned about having kids at a young age is, it forces you to grow up. and you say you know you will have to give up a social life and you will work 2 jobs and all that, but do you fully understand that? do you fully get the fact that for a while, you will have no social life? you will sit by and watch all of your friends turn 18. then 21 and be able to just go out and celebrate, or go out and do whatever they want. while you sit at home and scramble to find a sitter, and the money to pay for a sitter, and you have to be home at acertain time. not to mention when you are out and about, all you do is think about your kid(s). are they ok, were they fed, were they changed, are they in bed on time...etc. its not easy. and i know you might say, but i dont mind sitting back and watching that, as long as i have my baby. which is understandable cause i said the very same thing! its a whole lot easier to say that now, but when time comes, you wont say that for long. a baby is extreamly serious. it changes every aspect of who you are. and at 17, your still changing yourself. it is your choice to have a baby right now. and i know it seems like it, but i'm not trying to talk you out of it. i'm trying to help you think about this in ways you might not have. and i thought, maybe if you heard a story of someone who has been there done that, it might make you think. i wished very much that i would have waited to have kids. especially while hubby is in the Army. not only is he almost never home, but he has missed the birth of our kids due to 2 tours in Iraq. and I am expecting again and he is due to leave for Iraq again in 4 months for another 18 month tour. just please take your time to think about every single aspect of this. a baby is not puppy dogs and rainbows like you think. they do get older you know. they become toddlers, then kids. think about this, get your life together. finish school, get a great job, get steady. make sure you are able to support your baby and never ever rely on what the future father tells you. because no matter what he may promise, you never know. so its extreamly important to be self sufficent before you have a baby. good luck and god bless

Well, I have no idea if you are pregnant or not but, to all the people who say it is wrong to have a child at the age of 17 or 18, there is nothing wrong with that. You could have a child at 12, and truly, there is nothing wrong with it. I mean, it all depends on the culture and society of where you are living, and most people in america don't see that, because america is so f*****g stubborn.

Yes, I do live in america as well, I can just see what most americans don't.