So, my last period was a month and a week ago. Had sex for the first time in two years. He used a condom and it DID NOT break. Now, my period is one week late and I am worrying myself to death as to whether or not I could be pregnant. I was wonding if having sex for the first time in a long time can delay your period. I am also under ALOT of stress with school, work, and just found out I'm moving out of state. And I know stress can delay your period, but it never has before for me, my periods are usually very routine, no matter what kind of stress I am under. So should I be worried?!? I am going to go ahead and take a pregnancy test tomorrow, but I'm almost affraid to see the results. Please help!

Well, you pretty much answered your own posting.

Yes, stress can do funny things to a woman's cycle.

Especially when she's in school, studying hard, and having emotional issues with her bf.

Now, you say he used a condom, and it DID NOT BREAK. Is there some reason why you think that you may be at risk? Was there other risky behavior?

It doesn't seem realistic to think that you might be pg if the condom didn't break and he withdrew without spilling. Did he then touch you with a contaminated hand?

It was pretty much 2 years to the day when I finally broke down and had sex, which was protected. Been assured a million times over that the condom didn't break. That was on oct. 13th (previous period was 9-24/9-28) and I had spotting on the 21st-23rd.

I'm now 13 days late and 3 tests have come back negative (first response) so I dunno what to make of the whole mess other than some major stress and what not. Hope things turn out for the best for you and I've got my fingers more than crossed for me (I have a 3 yr old and 2 year old.. I don't want any more!)

So best of luck!
Emzconfusion

Def the stress

I am wondering the same thing. It was six years for me and after 4 years with my boyfriend and his patience, we had protected sex and now I'm 12 days late. Took a pregnancy test (first response) and it was negative! Don't know what to do!

By any chance did you guys still get cramps? Same thing is happening to me. But i also have cramps but no blood.

i highly doubt that you are pregnant as you still had a period. Even though it was late it still means it wasnt fertilised. If you had sex and you missed your period then you might be pregnant. If you are worried that you are pregnacy go get a test from your doctor and they have no obligation to tell anyone.

plus condoms have a 98% success rate and are very hard to break. So again i doubt you are pregnant

What was the outcome of this? Im in the same situation now

Me too! Same boat same paddle

I missed my period for the time and yes I m pretty worried about it. I always get my periods before time, like two- four before time. I actually didn't have sex but he was trying to and it was my first time. So I'm worried. Can't think about anything else. Please help! My hymen also didn't break.