Is it possible that someone has constant anxiety? Does anyone here have constant anxiety? I believe I suffer from anxiety symptoms, that lasts for months, like they are always present. Maybe is something else I don’t know. Is there any explanation for this?

Well, maybe this will be useful to know. Anxiety is classified in two ways: Acute anxiety, lasting for a relatively short period of time. It is characterized by an array of physical symptoms including rapid heartbeat, elevated blood pressure, chest pain, shortness of breath, feelings of suffocation, sweating or chills, dizziness, trembling, and nausea. And there is a chronic anxiety is marked by symptoms that linger on. It lasts sometimes for weeks or longer, including excessive, constant worrying, tension, insomnia, irritability, fatigue, difficulty concentrating and inability to make decisions. Anyway ask for professional help, maybe it is something else.

i have panic attacks almost every day some times they arenot that bad the last one i had was the wrost one i ever had i took xanax it calm me down i get this warm feeling that spreads through my body then my heart starts pounding then i psnic i wish i could controll it with out xanax how do u controll yours any tips

I think it is possible. I feel as though I have constant anxiety too. I am always worried about things. Just the thought of certain things makes me get anxiety, and worry. It is actually very annoying to feel like that all the time. I guess if you talk to your doctor then could help you..even me if I talked to mine..I find it hard to do so though since I don't really talk to anyone about it...I'd find it difficult to find the words. I'm sure if you asked your doctor though they'd probably know what to do.

I feel like I'm always anxious. Like, even when I have a vacation from school, or a little time off, I cant enjoy it, because I'm always worrying about something else. If I have fun, or if I'm relaxing, it is almost as though I stop myself to think...there's something wrong. There is something I should be worrying about right now. And then it comes to me! I'm taking AP Psychology right now in school, and I've learned about this, this is not normal. I always feel this way. I've also learned about the patient who is in denial and thinks that they can overcome thier mental problems, and they dont need medication, and the bias and how wrong it is to think this way. But yet, I dont want to take a medication in fear that it will A) change me B) I'll lose control or C) I dont like the idea of seeing a psychologist--I saw one, and she didn't help me at all. Pretty much, this is how I'm coping: I'm excercising-it causes the SAME chemical anti depressants put into your body. *Seratonin*. So it's basically natural antidepressants. And two, I'm just trying to catch myself, and reelllaxx. I'm doing a lot better :-D . So much for the magic pill.

ALSO--If you do feel like you have a persisting anxiety you cannot overcome yourself, do get help. You dont need the torure in your life. Generalized anxiety disorders have these symptoms:

1) Extremely sensitive in relationships.
2) Excessive worrying of past errors.
3) Difficulty in decision making.
4) A feeling of impending doom. <---(this threw me over the edge) !

I was almost completely free of panic attacks for some time and now all the sudden they are back. It's a horrible feeling and sometimes hard to deal with. I was prescribed several different meds to help with the problem but brother i gotta tell you i went into a panic over some of the side effects. So here i am back to trying to tough it out and hope the darn things go away. I went to the clinic and had several tests to make sure i wasn't dying of a heart attack and sure enough i wasn't. I have learned to not treat symptoms lightly and to have them checked out. I personnally am looking for a way to control the attacks and make them managable with out having to use meds all the time. Generally when i have an attack i take xanax. that seems to help but lately they just overwhelm me. Anybody else ever go throught this?

I have a feeling, I suppose you could call it anxiety.
I feel like I am in trouble, or have done something bad and I am going to be punished for it, like I am hiding from getting punished and it could happen any time.
I don't want my feelings to be medicalized again. I am sick of the different labels they give me. It's become a physical feeling. A weight in my chest.
Its because I don't have anything to stress about anymore. I feel like I should, so as I lie awake in bed I search for something to worry about.

I think its human. There are no people who are truly free of stress. and if they claim they are they are foolish.

It's alright saying go to the doctor, but they keep fobbing me off. I say I have these problems like constant anxiety yet they just say take escitalipram? and beta blockers, they both made me feel worse.

I keep worrying about past failiures and future events which will be difficult.

The most worrying thoughts recentally have been about death. I keep thinking i'm going mentally insane and think these weird thoughts of like how i am not in reality and feel like im someone else and that people I know are not the same they used to be.

I got myself in such a state the other day I couldn't cross the road or get on a bus home and was kinda stuck there almost passing out until I pulled myself together and went in a pub for a glass of water.

I need psychiatric help but don't know how to get it.

haha. :-(

I suffer from anxiety disorder and panic disorder.......I have every symptom in the book.....once I get an anxiety attack I'm in bed for like a week.....with my legs weak and body and face and neck and everybody part lol.......I'm taking zoloft its doing nothing...I took...clonzapem..paxil...leaxapro...efferox...lol and a couple more nothing helped...I heard xanax extendable was good....I might try it lol......but yea I have constant anxiety....I'm never relaxed and the thought in my head is always how am I feeling...am I ok......sometimes it becomes a phobia where I don't wanna go out....I'm 18 I wanna live a normal like......does anyone get motion sick or imbalance walking a lot......and yes it ruined my relationship I had to break up with my girlfirned who treated me great becuase my constant anxiety.....ergh I hope I'm not alone......thank u for ur help and all the support I need please reffer it to me thank u bye

Hi djskip.

Just read your post, just wanted to let you know that my girlfriend, who has suffered bad with anxiety for the last six years, gets the motion sickness you asked about. She cant walk very far at all without feeling she has to hold on to something for support. Even moving too quickly, say to reach out for a cup or the remote for the tv while sat down can make her feel dizzy if she moves too quickly. so your not on your own with that..

hello everyone! perhaps what i have been going through might be of some help. 6 months ago i started having anxiety attacks. at first it was every other day. then every day. after that it was numerous times a day. now it is a constant problem. moments after i wake, i feel like i'm being choked, have difficulty breathing and swallowing, and chest pain. these are all non stop.
before it progressed, i was put on Klonopin which helped. after a short while it no longer had any effect. since then, i have been put on numerous meds with little or no success; Lexipro, Zoloft, Buspar. Xanax has had great results but i had an allergic reaction and stopped after 1 dose. trying to get to sleep was hell so my doctor gave me AmbienCR. for some reason the ambien worked better than the anti-depressant/anti-anxiety meds. the chest pain went away and i was able to breath and swallow properly. since discovering this i have done research on the meds to try and find out why Ambien works and nothing else and found that they all generally function by increasing the effectiveness of the main chemical neuro inhibitor in your brain GABA (gamma aminobutyric acid). this keeps your brain from overloading with neural impulses. each drug utilizes it differently so even though they all use the same chemical, you do't always get the same results.
ANYHOW, i noticed a few people have a similar problem where nothing seems to help. i suggest doing what i am about to have done. get a Neural Balance Screen Test. this checks the level of the chemicals that effect your CNS (Central Nervous System). if your GABA, Seratonin, or any of them for that matter are out of whack, it could prove to be your problem and NOT necessarily a psychological problem. if your meds are working and you are satisfied then that's all good. but if you can treat the cause and not the symptoms, i would recommend it

It's great that you found that this out. A Neural balance scree test? Interesting and somthing to think about. It's good that your getting some sleep now as that can make one crazy as it is!

I have constant anxiety, I have had panic attacks for about 2 years now but here recently I have not been doing well at all. Sometimes I get so panicky that my arms/face go numb, I get dizzy, etc. and of course I then think I'm having that heart attack that we all fear. :-)

Xanax works GREAT but I look at it as more of a band-aid and not a cure. I am due for a Dr.'s appt. next week, does anyone know of any medication I can suggest to him that would allieviate my symptoms completely? I have heard of Xanax XR giving people some good results....

I had my first panick attack in Dec. 2007, while on the massage table!!! I layed there begging God to not let me die too embarassed to speak up and tell the massage therapist what I was going thru. I had so much adrenaline rushing thru me that I literally could not feel the normally deep painful massage!
I have had 5 actual panick attacks since then but live in a constant anxious state worrying about why I feel this way...
Naturally I just "KNOW" something is wrong with me and keep trying to find a diagnosis on the web...the only thing I have come across is "Adrenal Gland Disorder", I have an appt. to see a Dr. to get tested... In the mean time, I have been trying to do 30 min. of cardio exercise as many days as I can, I take Buspar and "herbal remedies": 5HTP, Melatonin, Anti-Ace., and read Psalm 142 and 143 (the Bible).