I can't explain it - the pain of plucking small hairs out of my face is somehow enjoyable for me. It started with me just plucking a hair or two out of a zit to help clear it up. I would just pluck the small hair out and then put some astringent on it afterword and then it would be cleared up by the next day. Well then one day I picked up a pair of tweezers while wathing a move to do the same thing and the movie was half over when I realized I had plucked almost all of my lower half of my face. I know this is weird and probably not healthy...but I can't stop doing it - and better yet I enjoy the small amount of pain that tingles when I pluck each one. I have been examining the follicle now - I DONT KNOW - something is wrong with me. HOWEVER, I do have a striking good complection. :-)

Please write back and tell me what you think - PLEASE

musicman86

Plucking a hair here and there is fine but actually enjoying the pain is something else. I don't know, as long as your not bothering anybody else but.....you may want to seek out a counselor for a few chats. Do you enjoy any thing else that is painful? You may have a fetish of some kind. My eyes water like hell when i'm plucking my eyebrows, and it hurts, and i don't like it.
I think it's not to strange, but you may want to talk to someone.

no...I don't enjoy any other kinds of pains...only plucking. Also I have very dry skin under my chin/neck area. therefor when I pluck some of those hairs out it wont complete come out of the pore...instead when it does it comes out with a piece of dead skin above the follice....anyway...I just enjoy everything about it. but only on my lower face...when I ipluck my eyebrows...it hurts and I dont enjoy it either.

I know what you mean....I enjoy plucking hair out of my dry skin also.

i also do this, i dont know why but it feels nice to pluck the hairs out of my chin. it drives me mad sometimes when theres non left there! i think i might be crazy. did you get any answers???

I did get some answers...I think we have a disorder known as tricholtrillmania....commonly referred to as Trich. Obsessive Plucking...check Wikipedia out on it.

Nice to know I am not alone in this. I have been obsessively (during my daily commutes, at home, at work) plucking my goatee and moustache (and other parts) for over a year now. I need to stop because I see that after a while some hairs do not grow back and fear developing bald spots in my beard or stache. Additionally, you are prone to folliculitis as plucking does damage the follicle and allows bacteria in. This "fetish" I think is part of an OC Disorder that also includes somewhat masochistic tendencies. Have'nt had it diagnosed by a pro though. Very hard to give up as I do it compulsively. Only way to stop cold is to regularly shave entire face which I hate.

I do it too and I think I may enjoy it just as much, though I also love it when my girlfriend gives my eyebrows a tidy.
My only concern is ingrown hairs, don't really know much about that though.

I am glad to see that we are not alone in this....we should have our own group, lol. .... But seriously...can not stop!

Don't see why there is a need to stop. In Thailand and some other Asian countries it's normal practice for men to remove facial hair by plucking. Of course most Asians have less facial hair growth than Caucasians, which makes things easier. I find plucking kinder to my skin than the process of shaving and must also admit to an odd sense of satisfaction after removing each deeply rooted hair - like extracting a splinter, it's not so much pain as relief. A thorough plucking leaves the skin clear and clean with the undesired hairs completely removed rather than cut off at the skin line and still embedded in the skin. The main downside is that plucking can be pretty time-consuming. I'd frankly be quite glad if they did not grow back.

I'm oddly fascinated by the roots too. There is a certain symmetry in the hair root/bulb unit - a perfect little creation of nature.

This is great! I am glad to see that there are so many people out there who share the same fascination as I do. Nothing feels more fulfilling than plucking a deeply rooted hair, I have to agree. Does anyone ever have one that is "Stubborn" and you ahve to try to get it for a minute or two and finally when you get it out it is this HUGE feeling of relief! ? I dont know...maybe I should have become a dermatologist...lol. When I was in my teens I use to get one or two zits and would pluck the hair out that was around them and put alchohol on it to get in the pore. The next day it would be dried up and almost gone. Once in a while I pluck a hair out and it has this real slimy white goop on the end. Anyone tell me what that is?

I was diagnosed by my doctor as having Trichotrillomania last month, I cannot describe how it feels to be diagnosed with something you cannot even pronouce. At least 2 hrs of my day is spent scouring my body for any rogue hairs to pluck. There are always new hairs to find and pull out. I usually carry 3 sets of freshly sharpened tweezers on me at all times just in case I spot a mirror, where I can get a few quick plucks in. I say to myself on the way over to the mirror, "Just get 7 hairs (7 is my lucky number), then you have to get back to work" But what happens is I will find my 7 hairs. But I will not be satisfied, because the hairs I get out might not be the desired thickness, and may not contain the hair with the little soft black stuff on the end of the hair.(WTF is that by the way, it is like the gue from which the hair originates). Anyway, So I will keep searching until I reach 77 thick, black stuff on the end hairs. But sometimes I am still not satisfied and go to 78! You know what that means??!! I have to make it to 777 hairs (cos 7 is my lucky number) Sometimes I run out of hairs, or have to go into a cubicle to acquire the last few hundred, how do I say it? publicly out of sight hairs. These are some of the most delectable hairs to pluck. Sometimes there are 2 thick hairs close together, and when I spot them, I'm sort of excited of whats to come! I pluck them and WOW, the pain is strangely arousing.
I'm just really glad there is a forum like this where I can finally tell someone.
I just love getting the hair in the tweezers and touching it with my finger to see how tough it is, I may play with a tough hair for a few minutes before continuing my quest. I do use the rear view mirror on the car everytime there is a red light. I look for my 7 hairs, however I am not as strict with vetting of the hair quality I extract, I am happy to just get my 7.(so is the rest of the traffic)
Anyway guys I'm glad I got to share this with someone.

Seeya....
Jas

I agree...do you ever take multiple hairs and rub them together in your fingers? I have to admit those hairs (especially those of the face) are extremely tough. One time I plucked one out of a small (VERY SMALL) pimple and it took out everything that was in the pore with it...it was the most cleansing feeling I have ever had of removing a zit.

wow, that is so OCD. I'm not a guy, and I do not pluck even my eyebrows -just wax- which I do not like either, but I like to pick, I feel my scalp and arms and neck area for tiny bumps that could be picked at, pimples, what have you. I am constantly doing this- so much, I do not even notice doing it sometimes till someone says something.

:-S I like the feeling of pain when pull out those little things from body and little blood come out with :-S