I plan to take up running and I don’t know whether to use contact lenses or glasses. I can’t make up my mind about that and I have no idea which option to choose. Can you tell me your opinion on this issue? What are good sides of each of the two options? You can explain your opinion in more details.

I don’t know what to suggest you. Lenses are not appropriate for a simple reason that it may fall out and what if you lose it. Also, it can cause irritation if you wear it. And as for the glasses they can be uncomfortable, but you can buy the sports model with a band. Their design is aerodynamic and they fit and don’t make blisters. They’re also light and you can for example pick the model that has sun protection as well as, protection from ultra-violet rays. So, you just choose a model and then have the prescription lenses installed. To cut the long story short, in my opinion it’s best to wear glasses while you’re training.

I agree. I've done both. When I was competitive back in high school, I never wore my glasses while running, which is only bad if you are leading in a race of cross country. You can miss a sign, which only happened to me once. My senior year, I got contact lenses. They never popped out, but they did irritate me while running since they dry up faster than if you were just walking around. I think it had something to do with the wind.

I currently run with my glasses... just regular glasses. It can become annoying while running, because they slip down my face after I start sweating.

If you can afford to get another pair of glasses that are of the sport model referred to in the above post, do it.

Doug