Recently I bought blue colored contact lenses. I want to wear them for awhile. When I put them for a first time everything was ok. I didn’t feel anything strange. But when I put them for a second time my eyes started to itch. Could colored contacts cause my eyes to hurt and become red and itchy?

Of course, contact lenses may cause big damage to your eyes. You can imagine how your eyes are sensitive. If you really don’t need to use contact lenses, don’t use them. Don’t play with your eyes. You probably got some infection now. You should go to eye doctor to see what’s happening.

Well,
Of course they can cause the itchiness and redness in your eyes. They are same as regular lenses and if you have problems with lenses your eyes will not adopt to them completely. There is no matter if they are in color or not. You have to understand that your eyes need a time to adopt to the lenses because this is new to them and they are very sensitive. Also have you used any eye drops to ease the irritation in the eyes? Are your eyes dray or they got dry from the contact lenses? I would suggest to see a doctor if you think that something is wrong with your eyes.

All the best,
Nelie