One day I have heard on television that ovarian cancer symptoms are often subtle and easily confused with symptoms for other disorders. Also I know that frequently, women don't recognize the symptoms. The tragic result of this is that too many women never have a chance against ovarian cancer. This made me worry so I would like to hear more about ovarian cancer.

The greatest problem is that women don’t know to recognize ovarian cancer. Many people do not know that ovarian cancer often presents with symptoms that include abdominal pressure or bloating. Constant and progressive changes in bowel or bladder patterns, persistent digestive problems, excessive fatigue, abnormal bleeding and pain during intercourse are also signs which should made woman worry. If ovarian cancer would be recognized, therapy would start earlier and woman could have chance. Anyway, no one knows what causes ovarian cancer or how to prevent it. Very little is known about key scientific aspects of this disease. Most of the women who get ovarian cancer do not have any of the known risk factors. There is no reliable and easy to administer screening test like the Pap smear or mammogram to check early cancer.