I have annoying problem with my stomach. Lately I feel my stomach is constantly hard and distended. Usually it gets worse after eating. I didn’t change my eating habits but in spike of that it seems that I gained some weight. I would like to know what cause my stomach to be distended. If there is anyone who experiences similar symptoms I could need a help.

I have also suffered from the same symptoms of distended stomach like you. I will try to describe you how did I solve my problems, so maybe this can help you. First of all, I immediately went to see a doctor, which I recommend to you too. I went to some examinations like gastroscopy and endoscopy and doctor establish me diagnose peptic ulcer. That was quick and painless. I know that the commonest cause of distended stomach is probably just some temporary digestive disturbance such as ulcer, gastritis and esophagitis. Those are easily treated if your doctor discovers it in time. There are many complications and because of that you don’t have much time to lose. You should consider your doctor and schedule yourself an examination. It was a bit unpleasant examination but it is worth and it can save your life.

Hi guys. My name is John. Your problem can be potentially dangerous and the fact that you can't locate the source of your discomfort tells me that it can be practically anything, from your bowel movement to appendix. I strongly suggest you to go to see a specialist as soon as possible, in order to verify the cause of your distended stomach. You should do a full body examination, give your blood as well as your stool sample, because there may be laying the cause of your problem. Also, you should check your diet intake, and avoid drinking soda and mineral water for now. 

:-(
I have a swollen stomach after eating. I also have a slight niggle in my stomach. I don't want to eat very much, and feel generally unwell. I am wondering if the Voltarol that I take is having a bad effect on my gut.
'

I had the same symptoms 4 weeks ago. I've now been diagnosed with ovarian cancer. This can be detected by a CA 125 blood test and a Cat scan.

i look like i am 9months pregnant for the last week i have had 10 people ask me when i am due. i went to er they did ct scan with contrast and found nothing sent me home with phenegren. i am swollen ,rock hard stomach and in severe pain. went to primary dr today they gave me darvacits that do not help . i am worried

I am sorry to hear you have ovarian cancer. but unless you are a doctor do you think it was a good move to let this person, who is already scared, that she could possibly have the same thing? It would have been a little more empathetic to just tell her to go to a different doctor if she didn't get a good answer from her doctor.

Due diligence is exploring all possibilites when diagnosing any issues, Although I am not a MD I have been a diagsnostician for many years. There is more fear to be had in the unknown then the known. I wish no one any serious medical issue, by over looking a possibility of cancer it is very well possible to delay treatment to the point of no return. I have lost friends and friends of the family to cancer that was not diagnosed in time. Fear of a positive diagnosis is the number one cause of cancer spreading and growing. Better to address the possibility and deal with it, Though I pray you will find relief in finding out that it is not serious.

I wish all good health and the courage to quest for the answers, for in the end it will save you from harm.

I had the same thing, it is part of celiac disease. It is a simple blood test get tested.

The answer might be a very simple and easy to fix one. You may just have a gluten sensitivity which is inflaming your stomach. Eliminating gluten from your daily diet may clear up this and other physical and mental difficulties in about a week. Feel free to research gluten sensetivity. We tend to think that the answers are complex when they can actually be quite simple. beat wishes to you.

There are a lot of reasons one can have a distended abdomen, so none of you are wrong. If it's associated with gluten intake, it's Celiac disease. Cancer is another cause, but there are a LOT of other things on the list that are more common. Go see your doctor.

I have had the same thing for years. Finally I went to the Mayo Clinic and was diagnosed with gastroparesis, which means my stomach won't pass food. I am on a liquid diet but still have the distended stomach. I don't know if it will ever go away. 

I agree that there are many factors that could contribute to this symptom. While we cannot afford to be negligent and expect to get answers by evaluating all possibilities yet denying the possibility of cancer, we can approach that possibility as a part of an entire list of possibilities. I understand that the person was highly affected and devastated by her diagnosis of ovarian cancer, but surely she must understand that creating an unjustified fear in someone else is not an effective way to educate with valid and reliable information and only creates unnecessary emotion, which causes the person to only focus on one of the many possibilities. It was an emotional answer with emotional intentions(even if not purposeful) and leads to no efficient and/or effective avenue for answers. I don't agree with the approach but am sorry you are dealing with such a devastating illness. I was diagnosed with MS in 2008 and any normal human reaction, including mine, is to want everyone else to be able to put themselves in our shoes. However, if someone posted that they were experiencing horrible fatigue, sudden depression, flu-like symptoms, and severe muscle weakness,which are all symptoms of over 100 different diseases, I would never make a statement of isolated nature such as, "I've been experiencing the same things and have been going to doctors to find out the cause. Last week my MRI confirmed that I have multiple sclerosis. Hope you don't have that."  DEAR God, how helpful is that and what does it create other than fear AND what are the chances that this person also has MS just because they exhibit the same symptoms? Just because I am down, it is not my goal to bring a person down with me but rather to encourage them and assure them that their symptoms could be many things of lesser severity. Furthermore, I would offer my prayers and any education I do have on specific possibilites, encourage them to see the correct doctors and wish the best for them. Wording is everything and can mean the difference in someone's emotional well-being. Be sensitive even in our most trying personal times. That's all.

It could be adhesions

Morning & night make a paste of honey & cinnamon, add boiled water & drink...every day...Wonder Medicine for all stomachs.