I am 18 and have some gynaecological problems. I have always had irregular periods, that is not so uncommon, I know, but have always been very painful. I had an ultrasound exam recently and I think that there is something not well. I am going to have one more exam tomorrow and get the explanation of the ultrasound image. Can I have ovarian cancer now?

There is number of reasons and conditions that can make ultrasound image abnormal. Ovarian cysts, fibroids, polycystic ovaries are some of them. Ovarian cancer is very rare in girls of your age, but not absolutely excluded. I guess that you should not be that pessimistic because there are number of curable and benign conditions that are marked as abnormalities on ultrasound image. Hormonal imbalances are not rare in teenagers, so something like that is probably cause of your irregular cycles. Wish you good luck.

hello my name is kylie and i am 17. about 3 months ago i was diagnosed wth Ovarian cancer. they were not sure that ovarian cancer was it at 1st. At first they treated me for a kidney infction but when that didnt help they sent me for many tests. when i found out i had cancer i was in shock, my senior year of high schoool and im prolly not going to graduate with my class. i have been going through kemo now for a while and it really makes me tired. but i am keeping a positive mind and i know i can getg through this.

kylie...what were the symptoms that you experienced before you were diagnosed?

hi, do you know if you can get ovarian cancer when your 15?

hi my name is autumn and im 19. ive had some problems before with my period being irregular and seemed like no biggie, only until recently.
i havent had my period in three months, and am 100% positive im not pregnant, the 6 different tests saying all the same.
just about a week ago i started having a sharp pain during and a little after urination on my right side. to top it off, it feels like a bruising on my left side where the "v" starts.
found out i have a huge lump.
idk if it could be ovarian cancer or cysts or what, ive looked alot of stuff up. unfortunately i dont have medical insurance or a job so right now i feel like i cant go to a doctor...

Hi i am 15 years old and the doctors tested me for ovarian cancer. Is there any reason that they would do that or are they probably dong this for a reason? please reply, i am very worried.

I'm 17 atm, I'm pretty scared because for idk how long, maybe a week or two, I've been .. flatulent well gaseous. My periods were irregular but they've been steadily going into a regular cycle for the past three or so months. I'm scared because I could have Ovarian Cancer. I know my symptoms are not as bad as the other girls... but I'm still afraid. Best of wishes for all on here

You can never be overly cautious! I didn't have irregular periods like a lot of you said you did, but I did have pelvic pain. They found a cyst on my right ovary that was 10 cm and then they found a 19cm cyst on my left side. They removed the left ovary and fallopian tube and found a tumor on that cyst. I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer 3 weeks later and had another surgery to see if the cancer spread. Unfortunately it did and but the oncologist said he got all that he could see. After the surgery, they gave me the results and since the cancer spread, they labeled it stage 3 ovarian cancer. The type I have is not invasive so I have a good prognosis and no need for chemo unless my CA-125 levels elevate again which would most likely mean it has become invasive. I hope no one has anything as serious as cancer, but please get checked out. Bloating, irregular periods, pain, feeling full quickly are some signs of ovarian cancer. However, they are not a way to diagnose cancer. It could be something else. So please, if you are concerned, go to the doctor. Also, since all of this happened to me, I haven't had health insurance in since I've been out of school. Do not hesitate to apply for financial assistance through the hospitals that you go to. I've been to 2 hospitals for 2 surgeries and appointments galore and I am blessed to be completely covered at 100% for a year at one hospital and 100% at the other hospital for 6 months. They also covered everything I've had done since everything has been going on. I've had more then $60,000 paid off! Don't think you are not eligible for assistance. I never imagined the support that I've gotten. Good luck ladies!

Hi, I have really irregular periods, like I haven't been on my period for 6 months, I have sharp abdominal pain and I know that I have cysts on both of my ovaries..could this be ovarian cancer? I'm getting really worried and my doctor has put me on medication for my cysts but they just make me want to puke..I have recently started to feel really dizzy and sick and I keep needing to urinate..Can anyone tell me if this could be ovarian cancer?

I'm no doctor and Im not saying it is or isn't but I really think you should get it checked out. It could be a cyst pushing on your bladder that makes you need to urinate more frequently and with a history of cysts, its most likely. Don't think the worst however, stay positive. It could be something like endometriosis, but please, get it checked out. You can never be too careful!

I am 20 I have all the same problems. My Dr. told me I was "too young" to have ovarian cancer. I go later this week to have a laprascopic procedure done to see what is wrong. possiblly endometriosis like angie said. I am lucky to have the medical card and I think some of you should see about getting it. In most states minors can get one and their are clinics that are free to minors and go by income for adults. I would google what you have in your area. at the very least you can get checked out. I had ovarian cysts but my last ultrsound showed I no longer have them though I am still having problems. ultra sounds don't always show things like endometriosis andovarian cancer.

mammacarter wrote:

hi my name is summi..i am 17 yrz old...
N from last 3months i m missing mah periods....
Cn it be z symtom of uterus cancr oe anything else....?????

Summi wrote:

mammacarter wrote:

hi my name is summi..i am 17 yrz old...

dear frndz i m mehta mudra i m suffering from pcos and nw doctor told me for an ultrasound .. i m scared as i have read a lot abt ovarian cancer . are this symptoms of ovarian caner?
plz help me plz

Hi my name is Steph and I'm 18 yrs old...my aunt was in her early 60s when she was diagnosed with ovarion and pancreatic cancer... She passed 3 years ago... My question if anyone could answer me is that if it's possible that I could have ovarian cancer because Im always having gas problems, there are sharp constantly pains in my lower abdomen and my lower back... I always feel dizzy, and nausea.. I do not have irregular periods .... Bt the pain is harsh.... I don't believe that I have the cancer I feel that all the pain is just a phase, or something... My mother doesn't believe that I it bt if cancer runs in the family.. Then it's probably possible for me or my other siblings to have it... I don't believe thatthat's what my pains and feelings are, it's probably something else....bt I DNT knowwhat to do .... I can't be too careful though I DNT know how to keep telling my mom about my symptoms if she don't think so...