I am due at the end of December and where we live, it gets really cold at that time of year - think snow and ice! We live in a beautiful but old house, and we are planning to renovate but simply haven't had the time or money. Our windows are old, and sometimes the wind blows in. The heating is OK, but it is not as warm as it should be at times. So my question is if the baby will be sick if the temperature in our home is not right?

Extreme temperatures are not good for babies or for adults, for that matter. If you are comfortable in your own home, and you are not too hot or too cold yourself, chances are your baby will be just fine :-). Perhaps you could attempt kitting your windows up with silicone kit where there are drafts? of course, the colder it gets, the more clothes your baby needs. Babywearing might also help your baby keep warm.