I have been suffering for a year or two with constant throat mucus, fatigue, weight loss, multiple bouts of sinusitis, and now have been diagnosed with nasal polyps.  I am wondering whether any of these are symptoms of black mold poisoning.  There are moldy looking spots on my bedroom carpeting and a faulty air conditioner leaked water inside the wall for over two years.  I am worried about my symptoms.  I did have a CBC recently which showed no abnormalities of my blood.  Please advise.

Hi Marisa,

Yes, black mold can cause sinusitis and lead to polyps.  Your other symptoms are likely related.

Get the room tested for mold.  There are home test kits you can buy or get it professionally done.

Long term, we don't know what the effects can be.

Good luck.

Thanks for the quick response. I'll do a test kit and let you know the results. My son shares the room and has no symptoms whatsoever. He's been in it five years.