I have this annoying cramp in my calf muscle when I’m cycling. Why do you think that’s so? My muscles are not weak and before I took up cycling I was practicing running. Is there any way to eliminate this nuisance and enjoy the training? Am I supposed to go to a doctor or this will pass?

Hm, cramps in calves occur very frequently when you’re training cycling. Sometimes it has something to do with the way you’re pedaling and sometimes it’s just caused by strenuous training. Cycling can be really difficult and pain in various muscles can appear from time to time. You can try to find out whether you cycle properly or not and if possible correct motion of your legs. Maybe working out and additional developing your muscles will help solving this problem. In order to relax your muscles if they’re tense, you should definitely go to a spa, and have a whole body, especially, legs massage. You can also put something cold on your calves after the training.

The most common factors are : Too much exercise, dehydration or poor nutrition.
So, to prevent cramps, you have to check your diet, your fluid intake and your exercise pattern.

I would start with exercising - do you think you exercise too much? Do you warm up properly?

Then try to hydrate first. Do you drink you drink enough water?

If that's ok, I would continue with nutrition...