I’m not a hypochondriac but I think that there’s a reason for me to be at least a bit afraid. I do have certain abdominal pain during cycling and at first I thought that was the result of muscle inflammation due to too much cycling. But after I’ve made a ten-day pause the pain is still present when I’m riding. What do you think that could be?

Don’t start panicking! Many cyclists encounter such problems and don’t think that you’re the only one or that you have some mysterious and dangerous disease. Maybe you just haven’t adjusted your saddle properly and due to improper posture the muscular pain appeared. Maybe you have also injured some of the muscles and you have to treat that injury before continuing your training. I really don’t think it’s something dangerous or not connected with cycling. Just try to learn how to properly fix your saddle and handlebar and correct your posture and maybe the pain will disappear. Badly adjusted saddle and improper posture are one of the most frequent reasons for abdominal pain.