I need to use my CPAP, but I can`t. When I wake up my mouth are open (and drooling). CPAP should stop mouth breathing and grinding the teeth. I can`t sleep very well with that thing on my face. I know those nasal CPAP deliver air into airway and are supposed to keep the airway open. When I got my CPAP, I was told that it is the most effective treatment for snoring problem and obstructive sleep apnea. I don`t have sleep apnea (don`t know about snoring), but I wanna breath through my nose. Anybody with a suggestion?

Hi, I have to wear my CPAP and also hate it. It`s so claustrophobic, don`t you think so? Anyway, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and was told that CPAP has been found to be nearly 100 percent effective. But, what nobody told me, CPAP doesn`t cure the problem. My otolaryngologist also told me that I have to wear my nose mask every night and to change my lifestyle (no smoking that is). The bigger problem is when you can`t wear a nasal CPAP each night. That means a surgical solution might be necessary! Hope that I will make friends with my CPAP.