Hello! I am John and I am forty. I have been diagnosed a sleep apnea last week. My doctor recommended CPAP mask and I started to use it few days ago. I though I would feel the benefit immediately but it didn't happened. I actually slept worse then ever while wearing the CPAP mask. It irritates me and I can't fall asleep. I feel I can't breathe at all. My doctor says this is a common reaction and he says I will get used to it soon. Will I?

Hello! It is expected to have problems with falling asleep in the first week of wearing the CPAP mask. But, don't worry, you will get used to it after some time. Some people also say that CPAP is drying the mouth and nose which is possible. To avoid such problems you can add a humidifier to your room to keep the air moisture higher. It is also important to keep the mask and humidifier cleaned frequently.