Hello. I'm 33 year old worried mother and I have some questions about some types of drugs.
You see, I have 16 year old son and I'm very afraid that some of his friends could offer him some drug like cocaine or marihuana, because in our neighborhood there are lot of registered drug-addicts.
I think the worse problem is that he could take it simple because he is curious. So, I decided to tell him everything I know about all kinds of drugs and possible side effects so he will not be interested to take them ever. Just the other day he asked me what is the difference between crack and simple cocaine. I don’t know anything about this so I could use some help!

I understand why you are worried that much and I think you have developed a good strategy to inform your child about everything he could bump in. You see, there is a big difference between simple cocaine and crack cocaine. In fact, crack is produced from cocaine by dissolving powdered cocaine in a mixture of water and sodium bicarbonate. When the water is pulled off this mixture you get crack cocaine who isn’t any more in a powder shape but in a shape of rock or a stone.
Crack is abused almost only by smoking and it is very strong and addictive because it delivers large quantities of the drug to the lungs, producing an immediate and intense euphoric effect. It has a white or pale brownish color so it can be easily recognized.
I hope this helped.