Hi, I am a cocaine and crack addict for the past 2.5 years now with 7 days clean. I just want to let people know that it does not get better the day you quit. It is easy for the first 5 days. Then the withdrawls come on STRONG, and I am going through them right now, and let me tell you I don't know how I am going to make it through this. I just want everyone to know that for your loved ones that are going through this, and you are angry, upset, disappointed, and hurt, it is okay to feel that way. I just want to let you know that whoever you are close to and is an addict, just know--- DO NOT SHUT THEM OUT!!! When they decide to quit, and they can only do it if it is something that they want. You can't convince them or make them.. they have to want to on their own. Once they decide to quit, be there for them.. Show them all the love and support you can! It will make all the difference in staying clean or going back to the habit! Anyway, just wanted to put in my piece, kind of for me, because I want to use so badly right now....but I will not today..I can't say I won't tomorrow but for today I won't. And that is how we have to see it. Take only 1 day at a time! Good luck to all the addicts out there and to the loved ones who want to help them!

Good luck to you too mate! Take one step at the time! Feel free to write whenever you feel like sh*t or like taking some. I know it helps! Keep up with the good work!Be persistent!

Hey there! I just want to say hang in there and keep your head up and your eyes on the prize! It Is tough I know first hand. I will elaborate more later. Good luck to you!!

good for you!
i am starting day 1, and to alot of people who dont understand, it is a big deal, big step, and very hard.
my goal is to have the strength to be clear away to influences who brought me in. i can go without, its the person i love who cant, and as i told him yesterday, if i have to make the choice, i will say goodbye to him. i do hope he chooses this route with me, i cant have it around.
love to all, strenght and prayers.
please stay in touch, i need a high five when i reach 7 days.

i am on my 11th day of being clean.i cant beleive ive made it this far. everyday is hard for me.im on meds. to help. ive been useing for 1 year 5 months. last 4 months has been awful.ive cleaned out the bank accounts,5,000 dollars.ive almost last all my family,they didnt want any thing to do with me any more,if i kept this kind of life up. i would stay gone for days at a time,leaving them clueless.they have even called the law on me,because im biporlar also.i need all the prays i can get . im doing this on my own,with only the support of my family,god i hope i can do it.

i am still making it through my first wenty four please help **** i have tried many tmes before

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

I dunno if this too late for you guys to read this. I was a pretty bad crack addict, $5K a week and I have been clean almost 4 years. The first few weeks are hell, but there will come a day that you will be FREE. I know a few words off the internet do not mean much, but man, I have been there. And I have made it back. It CAN happen. It is up to you. The travel to sobriety is well worth it and I can say I will NEVER go back. Not with everything I have gained after quitting....

I know also how you feel though I wasn't addicted as long. Though I was addicted and the temptations and stress and strain of everyday life when you struggle so hard with all aspects of life makes it harder to stay clean. I am also recovering, but keep faith and stay strong. Have hope...I know it's hard but you can do it.

I have been using off and on for a few years. I really don't like to talk about it because sometimes it brings on the urges. I can't come out to my family, because some of them will judge me terribly. I've tried alot of ways to try to quit, believe it or not i've even went to my pastor and confessed what i've done hoping that confession and prayer would help me. Man i really want out of it. my self esteem has dropped badly and i've come into such a deep depression, that i feel i can't break out of it. The one good thing is i can't get the drug by myself, but when i'm around my significant other, he gets it. and this drug has basically became our relationship. He promises me over and over that he's done. but i let myself keep getting pulled back in to where now i'm addicted. And i struggle with terrible cravings. Especially on my paydays. Please can someone give me some advice or atleast encouraging words. because sometimes i feel like i'll never break from this.

I am so proud of each of you that are makeing that change in your life. I have seen and heard it is not easy, but people do make it everyday! Do not give up. I am a mom that is scared to death for my son. he has recently relapsed and is trying again. he says it was meth he was using, but has been days since he used and all he wants to do is sleep and eat sweets when he is awake and complains about hurting all over and real bad in the kidney area. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? Where is tha pain and why? Will it go away soon? Is there anything I can do to help him. I feel for each and everyone of you, please stay strong!

So guys i need some help cause i dont quite understand it all. i've been dating my boyfriend for about 6 monthes now and just found out he's been smoking crack for the past three years. Im a fairly straight edge person i dont drink, smoke or use any drugs and im worried that if i stay in this relationship all he's gunna do is bring me down. Lately he's been getting very argumentive and is smashing and breaking things when he gets in a big rage. He says he wants to quit but does want to go to a rehab so i dont know what else would help him. He says he's gunna quit on his own. With a 10% sucess rate of no relapsing, i find it hard to even beleive its possible. I found this out about a week ago and hes continuing to lie about hanging out with other crack addicting friends so i dont know if i should even beleive him that he wants to quit. If the crack addiction has more of a physicological effect im wondering if i go to councelling with him if it will help because i feel he hides alot of his bad childhood experiences with the drug. But if he wants a drug to stop the cravings where do we go to get a perscription for it? i really want to help him and work things out but im scared that im wasting all my time its just gunna bring me more pain the longer i stay. 2 days ago we had to go to emergency at the hospital cause he thought he was having a heart attack. He had chest pain and shooting pain and numbness all down his left side. Luckily the doctor said his heart looked fine but im terrified that if he gets one more hit its just gunna kill him. Please help me on this i have nowhere else to turn.

So the way i figure it ive been clean almost two months and f***ed up for my first time tonight and i feell like sh*t

pray to god to take the addiction...... You can do this.... youcan do this... Keep on asking, and it will be given you, Keep on seeking, and you will find; Keep on knocking, andit will be open to you. For everyone asking receives, and everyone seeking finds, and to everyone knocking it will be open ( Luke 11:9,10) When the true god Jehovah,sees you prayerfully and sincerely looking to him for support and strength, he will NOT ignore you. "God is love." says 1 John 4:8. Christian apostle Paul, He wrote: "For all things I have the strength by virtue of him who imparts power to me."- philippians 4:13. Keep seeking support of others....You can and will do this....  start praying... read the scriptures God has given to you....(smile)....  Your going to come out of this.

i will pray you stay clean hun can i ask what you are addicted to