For the past 6 months I have had cracked,swollen finger tips and itchy palms. This all started right after I had colon surgery. I have been to two different Dermatologist and no luck with the prescriptions they have prescribes. I have soaked my hands in Epsom salts. Used vinyl gloves when I prepare  food and other activities that make the hands hurt more. Sleep with vaseline and cotton gloves. Some days they look like  it might be clearing up and then the next they are dry cracking and bleeding. I am almost to my wits end with this . Never had this problem  before. Does any one have any ideas as to what might help.

difficult to assess everything since I do not see you nor know your history. I assume dermatologists prescribed topical corticoids and that you folllowed posology. take another appointment. sometimes, all it takes is the right cream. I also assume that your daily routine has nothing that adds to the problem (washing dishes in a restaurNt would be a bad idea in your case). an appointment with your gastro/surgeon is also a good idea since you link this to your surgery. In the mean time, see a gp. If you re really dying to tru something, pee on your hands.
This is no joke. it s a trick used by fishermen. You can expect results in 2-3 days. If it does not work by then , concentrate on the gp appointment. DO NOT BUY GIMMICKS.

I too have been suffering with this for quite awhile now. Four fingers on my right hand, two on my left. The vaseline trick with a glove seems to work the best so far. I purchased so many different products, too. Unfortunately, I am in the middle of some testing. A regular blood test flagged possible arthritis/lupus. I have to go visit a Rheumatologist now. This could be somehow related. I hope not, but I won't know until I check it out. I think the cracking/bleeding is due to swelling of the hands, and when the hands swell, they stretch the skin which causes our problems.....The joints could be what is actually swelling up...

I've been suffering 7 months now with splitting fingers and dry calcified skin and after corticosteroids and fungus creams and cortizone shots, nothing has worked. It's on all my fingers and now moving to the feet. Can you tell me what the red flag was in the blood test that moved the problem toward arthritus. Can't seem to find a doctor who recognizes this problem. Also i am have a nail fungus on most of my fingers. Could these be seperate issues? Please help if yu can. Craig

I have the same Helen. I'd try Benadryl but they don't sell it here in Brazil. I think it is allergy related. Dermatologists haven't a clue. Let me know if it works.