This post is an extension of the

Itchy swollen fingers thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

I have been experiencing these symptoms for a few months now and it's really excruciating. I'm going crazy. yes it only happens only during winter.

I've had sleepless nights because of this :-(

Does anyone has found out of the cure or ways to prevent it to happen?

Please ... I am really desperate...

its the middle of texas summer and my hand is doing this and running my hands under hot water seemed to help but my ring finger is so swollen it hurts to move it and the itching is driving me nuts the edge of my rash looks like little red dots

its the middle of texas summer and my hand is doing this and running my hands under hot water seemed to help but my ring finger is so swollen it hurts to move it and the itching is driving me nuts the edge of my rash looks like little red dots. there is also a swollen lunp on my wrist under scars from my difficult past. itching is subsiding now that ive taken my mind off of it but i know that doeesnt mean its gone

It might be nerves and/or a touch of anxiety and stress. When this happens, try to recall if you were under some stress, or are under stress when it occurs. It does not take much. Sometimes removing yourself from a situation and relaxing takes care of this. If not, then some natural or pharmaceutical remedies might be in order. There are millions of nerve endings in the hands and fingers, so it is no mystery why nerves would affect that. If allergies are ruled out, consider that.

I have had this issue as long as i can remember. my fingers get swollen itchy and hot. i think it is a circulation issue, in spanish it is called saballones i dunno what it is called in english. do some research on saballones hope this helps.

Itchy and swollen fingers can also be indicative of some sort of allergy so if you are experiencing symptoms like that, try to examine what oyu have been handling in the past few days. It may have actually got an impact on you. Does that sound reasonable?

I have noticed that when i take hot showers my feet and hands get extreamly itch, red and swollen. They itch so bad I rub my towel on them until it is releived. I take benadril (spelling) to help with swelling. it only lasts 20 minutes or so but is very frustrating. any ideas? i only see more questions on these threads no results.

I been given these tabets to take 3 times a day buit it doesn't solve the problem, they haven't done anuthing my finger hurts red, itchyand swollen an it just feels likei can't move itbecause its that swollen likeit will explode ani can't figure out why,i'm not stressedmy diet hasn't changed or anthingit comes on really rapid help me

I have a similar problem, for no reason my fingers begin to itch then swell up. I went to the doctor who thinks it's an allergic reaction to something but I haven't found what it is. One thing I have found it 90% rubbing alcohol (red label at walmart) when my hands start itching or bumps appear and itch I pour the alcohol on it and rub it in. Within a few minutes the itching goes away and sometime the swelling goes away.
I told the doctor about this and she suggested testing things in the house by dabbing a little into the creases of my arms... I'm still testing things...

Just thought that I should input what I have found before visiting this site
This is a condition that is more common than the article suggests. A recent study has come to show that it is most likely 10-15% of people have this condition. The phenomenon is more likely to occur in association with another previous condition. There is also a disease:

Which can occur and is still more likely to affect women than men. However men can be affected as well. There is also the point to make that the discolouration that occurs does not always occur and the extremities can remain the same colour as before being affected. The toes and fingers are most likely to be affected but not always as other things, such as the ears among others. Most importantly though is to make sure you talk to a doctor about these as symptoms vary between people and a correct diagnosis by a doctor is VERY important to ensure this is the cause of your symptoms and not some thing possible worse, or better!

I have been dealing with this for a year. I saw a dermatologist last year, he was treating some other things that chemo caused. He gave me a cream, my feet seemed to be worse than my hands. My feet would get little red dots and itch really bad. It affected my toes mostly and some times my heels. I saw my own doctor about it, because it got worse in Feb 09, she gave me a cream that helped. It went away. This year, it started again in January, saw my doctor and she gave me a better cream. She said if it didn't get any better, she would send me to a dermatologist. I have an appt March 31.

My fingers are swollen when I wake up (right side more than left) and they hurt. It hurts to bend them, they are sensitive and actually I have trouble getting my rings off. The swelling will start to go down and then they look all wrinkled the rest of the day and continue to itch and some pain. My feet itch all the time, my toes and my heels.

My friend is a nurse practitioner, she looked at my hands and thought the color didn't look good.

I am hoping they have a cancellation and can get me in to see the derm sooner, two weeks is a long time to go like this.

Nancy

I liked reading all of these posts, but my issue seems to be unique. I only get the swollen itchy fingers when I am in a department store! It happens whether I have had food before or not. At Target, or at a large mall, after about 15 minutes my fingers start to get really itchy and they swell up. Is it possible there is some scent that they pump into the air that could cause this? My wife jokes that it is psychosomatic because I don't like shopping! Anyone else have this problem?

I, to have the same problem, my fingers will start tingling and itching then the will swell and be warm to the touch. it never be the whole finger just the tip or maybe the middle section. but it becoming a problem. It been going on now for a couple months and it also hapens on my toes too i have to get something hard to scratch my feet. it gets so bad to the point I cant stand on my feet

I really think this is an allergic reation to something. My sister has the same and discover it was the latex in the gloves she uses to wash her dishes. On the other hand my husband had a reaction to shrimps and lobster that left him looking like he was wearing pink gloves.