first time i've seen this stared 2 months ago, wasn't around cleaning or chemical products.tried everything and it just keeps getting worse layer after layer, and the raw skin is painful, and gets worse everytime my hands get wet. how do i get rid of this?

I too would like to know the answer, as (not quite so much lately, any reason?) my fingernails too will begin to peel, and seemingly more when wet, and significantly more from prolonged wetness.

Would also like to note, that I seemed to have had a very mild case of a fungal infection under the tips of my fingernails... I am sure that the two might have some relation, but would like the opinions and advice of others.

Even i also have that problem my skins get peeled when it is wet and in winter season it peels always,,,,

I actually think I have this too. I went to a dermatologist and she told me that at night I should put glycerin on my hands and then put moisturizing gloves on while I sleep. This slowly started to work, but as soon as I stopped using it came back! Its summer and I even have it.

I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering from this. I think that the guest who just came in and posted has a pretty good treatment for it but it seems that you have to do it all the time or you will have a relapse so I think that's the way to go in terms of keeping your skin from peeling. Could someone try this and let me know how it works out? I don't have this issue but I've heard that glycerin works. What do you think?

I have had peeling of the fingers for the past two years...i work in the health field and wash my hands alot, but quickly lotion soon after drying them off. I went to my dermotologist and he says its just dry skin but then i began to get the peeling on my toes. My feet do not sweat at all. Its very embarassing when they peel and it leaves red marks of course where the skin has peeled off. I have experienced this thru summer and winter for two years...I have looked it up time and time again and it comes back to fungus but my doctor says dry skin...i am fed up and need some answers. I have tried the glove thing at nite also. I have tried antibodic to lube them up and i have tried vaseline along with parafan use 2 or 3 times a week...any suggestions? :-(

I have the same issue! normally the peeling starts when it gets colder outside, so i've always thought it was dry skin. but it is only the end of the summer and it is happening again! it gets really bad too. some friends have even asked if i had dry glue stuck to my fingers! my feet and heels also peel. it is very embarrsing and i need some help :!:

Mine do too it is horrible! It hurts it burns idk what to do

I've had this problem for almost 10 years now and doctors can't tell me what it is.  I use to wear acrylic nails and I am thinking this is some type of fungus contributed to this.  Like many of you, my thumbs are the worse and it spreads to my index and middle fingers but aren't as bad as my thumbs. However, this past year I was diagnosed with a very common bacterial infection in my stomach called h-plyori and was treated with strong anti-biotics Tetracycline and Flagyl.  For three months the peeling disappeared almost over night, my fingers were healthy and I was no longer embarrassed.  I am sick of people telling me it is a nervous habit that I pick at my fingers.  No one seems to understand the skin becomes tight and callus like and this causes me to pick at it.  I've used the gloves over night, the cuticle oils and strong moisturizers and nothing worked until I took the medication for the h-pylori.  I find it interesting I was treated for a stomach disorder thinking I had acid reflux all these years and mysteriously the peeling on my fingers stopped.   I am making an appointment with a dermatologist to discuss my findings and see if there is a link to all of this.

Any solutions yet!?

I'm jaden I'm only 13 but my hands/fingers/feet. Have been peeling ever cence summer we swam alout today is 12/5/16 and that's a long time I'm sceard that it's going to get worse and my mom side it's fine but it hearts to move my feet and hands

This sounds exactly like what my husband has been suffering from the past year. Please post if you have any luck or remedy. If the antibiotic worked, does that mean it's possibly an infection?