I sometimes get extreamly itchy red swollen hot and hard fingers and hands, when I wash my hands with luke warm water it feels like the water is scolding hot, just curious to know if anyone else has this same problem!?!?!? Thanks!

yeah cept for me its not itchy just goes like on fire!!

My sister had 5 episodes of her right hand/fingers being swollen hot and itchy. Only one hand. She went to the doctor and he told her that he has never heard of anything like that. She uses the computer often but this is only happening in one hand. Any suggestions on what kind of doctor she should see or anyone else with the same problem who has a diagnosis from his/her doctor would be appreciated. Please advise.

I have the same experience and doctor's don't know what it is? Just goes to show you that even on a health site like this and others, the question remains UNANSWERED!!! >;)

I have these exact symptoms and i have been having this problem on and off for 10 years. When i went to the doctor he tild me that i was allergic to something and just to illimenate thing but i've never found out.
REALLY ANNOYING THOUGH 8-|

I aslo have had the same annoying problem every day now since November 08.
I have seem a dermatologist, on numerous occasions, had skin patch test done, and bllod tests for everything done twice to be sure they did not miss a thing. I am also an esthetician so it makes my job impossible to do without gloves, I have been in cotton gloves all year.
Not happy as I can't wash my hair on bad days and anything to do with water is painful!

I have had this for 6 yrs. It is a form of hives and I started with it after a surgery. It's like my immune system was shot. (9th surgery) It flares up with stress and such. I have hives all over my body from time to time, but the hives on my hands and feet are the most painful. And YES, they are hot and itch, but when you put them in warm water they burn. It is also triggered by pressure....tight shoes, pants, trying to open a jar top, carrying something heavy in my hands or on my shoulder. Heat is another trigger. So it can be pressure urticaria, or heat urticaria, etc. Doctors don't know what causes it and it can last for a short time or years. Xyzal helps a little, but mostly you just have to wait a day or two until they go away by themselves. Bummer!

i am currently having the same problem, i have had it before but it seems to come and go and i dont get it that often, but when i do it happens quite often in the space of about 2 days. My finger tips feel hard, almost swollen, they are red hot and look very pink and are extremely itchy. I find they flare up when i transfer from hot to cold environments and under hot & cold water, where both feel boiling hot and make my fingers feel numb. I thought it may have been a cirrulation problem or because i play hockey and go from feeling hot in cold weather quickly...?? not sure if its worth going to the doctors as it comes and goes he prob wont witness much...? Annoying!! 8-|

I had a similar experience the other day whilst shopping. my hands were red and itchy and burning and they swelled up. i was near a pharmacy and went in to ask what it could be, he suggested that it could be an allergic reaction to something i had touched that day. he said i should take an antihistamine (basically an allergy tablet) so i bought zirtek and after i had taken one the swelling and itchiness and burning had all completely gone within an hour. hope this helped :-)

OMG exactly the same happens to me when i shop. EVERYTIME!!

Any news on this? I've had something similar since I was a kid. Mostly when I work outside in the cold any combination of one or more fingers to both of my hands and feet itch like crazy. A deep inside itch, nothing you can scratch. Then after a bit they swell up to where I can hardly bend them and get really hot. I've heard anything from RA to hypothyroid for this but never figured it out.

I have the same problem as many of you..Part of my hands or my fingers or both can get really swollen, numb, they itch soo bad and they can remain swollen for 1h30 minutes..its really annoying and it also happens when I shop, or I go outside (hot or cold weather). It happened during physical activity too. My feet can get like that too after I shower or just after I walk with bare feet. The only thing that makes it less itchy is running cold water on my hands/feet. Sometimes I can have this every day.. I always mention it to my doctor and she says she never really heard anything like it before. I find it so hard to believe that I'm (WE!!) are the only having this problem.. I don't know what else to do :-((

anonymous wrote:

anonymous wrote:

I had a similar experience the other day whilst shopping. my hands were red and itchy and burning and they swelled up. i was near a pharmacy and went in to ask what it could be, he suggested that it could be an allergic reaction to something i had touched that day. he said i should take an antihistamine (basically an allergy tablet) so i bought zirtek and after i had taken one the swelling and itchiness and burning had all completely gone within an hour. hope this helped :)

Yeah me too happens when I shop also (not all the time but sometimes)

Have you ever looked up Chilblains. Could be that?

I have the same thing. I went to an allergist who tested me for Hashimoto's. My thyroid peroxidase antibody level was very elevated. I suggest you go see and allergist or endocrinologist to get this checked out. Hope this helps.