The tips of fingers- only 1 or 2 will start with being itchy, than before I know it the 1-2 tips become extremely swollen and slightly purple. It lasts for about 20-30 minutes than goes away.
This is totally random, no injuries or cuts, etc. It has happened now about 5 times in the past 3 weeks. This has never happened before and with the frequency, I am slightly concerned/ curious.
Does anyone knows what this is?

I am currently suffering from the same problem. I have no rash, no bite or sting marks, yet the pad of my left pinky finger and the top knuckle of my left thumb itch like crazy and are swollen. The itching sensation only lasts 30-45 minutes at a time. I can't find any answers.

I have the same type of problem on my thumbs. No rash, swelling or any other symptom. They just itch. The only I can get relief is I've resorted to cutting the head off a push-pin (not the pointy end) leaving about a 16th of an inch in length and vigorously rubbing it between my thumbs. Works great, but can't find any answers.