I have read thru the posts regarding the fingertip skin peeling problem. Same here, for the past 20 years. It started out occurring maybe once a month, now is every single day, winter or spring, summer or fall and usually only a day or two of clear fingers. Currently 9 fingers are split, feel like callouses, have dry blisters, some appear yellow from dead skin that has yet to peel, some are red, most are white, all are very very painful.

I am 48 years old and have a multitude of health problems. I have seen 2 Dermatologists, I have tried every cream imaginable either by prescription, or over-the-counter. The only thing that helps for me to lessen the pain is ice. Extreme itching at times but not every time there is a flare. Hands are always "hot" and red on the palms. I have had fungal treatments and steroid treatments with no help. I have tried light therapy, wearing gloves daily and pure 100% cotton gloves at night. I should own stock in the Bandaid company. No other family members have had this.

I've had carpal tunnel release surgery so that's not a cause. I do have Raynaud's but my fingers do not turn white or cold, mine are hot all the time. I do have narcolepsy with cataplexy, a heart condition, and lupus but docs do not relate any of them to this. I have been diagnosed as having "dermatitis" and even "too much yeast in my blood"-but no yeast infections. A specialist has called mine "Candida Glabrata"-of which there is no cure, in fact they usually find this in people after they are deceased, during an autopsy or in babies who have died at birth and during an autopsy. This specialist told me he had been in business for 30 years and never had one patient "alive" with this condition, therefore he knew of no treatment or cures.