Hello I just had my period, ended it about 5 or so days ago. I am now experiencing light cramping, (just a tad) but I also notice that I am starting to have a slight discharge, it's not slimy yet, like right before I have my period, but is it normal to have this after my period this soon? Also I notice right before my cycle I have the WORST SORE nipples! OUCH! It lasts about 5 or so days then about 5 days later I start. Can you shed any light on this subject ? Thanks!

WELL sore nipples and breasts are PMS symptoms and completely normal, I promise.

YOU very well could be ovulating right now! Ovulation does cause a clear discharge, and you can have cramping while you ovulate.

Hello thanks for answering me. I didnt think that ovulation took place after (right after) the period. I have always been irregular but here lately and at times in my life, I have taken a notion to be regular, lol it's just what my body decides to do. I was always under the impression that ovulation took place 'right before' your period, lol oh man see what I know? lol

Thanks again! :)

Ovulation takes place about 2 weeks BEFORE a period...

ALL women will have a period about 14 days after they ovulate, it's just the time from when you start your period to when you ovulate that is different.

Have you considered birth control usage to regulate periods and protect you just in case?
EVEN with irrgular periods you can still get pregnant.

Hello thanks for the quick reply--actually I was on the pill for about 6 months to regulate me and it was working. However I ended up with a bloodclot and was told that I can never take them again. I was on a bloodthinner for 6 months and then was told that if I ever get a clot again I would need the blood thinners for the rest of my life. I am not worried about getting pregnant but I just feel better when I am regular. I thank you for your help, it's nice to be able to ask questions with out feeling stupid, lol thanks again! :D

Okay I see....

IF you want a method that is safe for blood clots , maybe you shoudl consider a Copper IUD :-) I have had an IUD for 2+ years and I love it =)

Glad you mentioned the IUD, I have a few questions on those, first of all do they hurt going in? I know that wearing a tampon isnt comfortable for me so I never considered an IUD. Guess I just dont want to poke something in me lol

Im not really needing to prevent pregnancy, I am not having sex at this time and really just need to have my periods.

Thank you so much for the reply! 8)

AN iud goes into your uterus..It does cramp going in I won't lie...BUT YOU cannot feel it once it is and settled.. You will cramp for a few hours, but it is not bad.

It is worth it I promise!