i had my iud removed 7-7-08 because my husband and i want to get pregnant with our second child. i ovulated 7-8-08 which was day 14 of my cycle. today (7-10-08) i started cramping- not intense painful cramps, just uncomfortable cramps, and had 2 bloody episodes, one was light pink, one was bright red. each was short, lasting a few seconds and was about the size of a few quarters side by side, not a continuous flow like a period. i've still got an uncomfortable ache in my lower back and abdoman. is this from the iud removal, or could this be implantation bleeding or possible loss of a fertilized but non implanted egg? any help would be great. thanks!!

so are you pregnant??

It definitely is not unusual at all that you experience changes in your menstrual cycle after the iud removal, especially if it was hormonal iud. Your bod simply gotten used to function on artificial hormones and it might take some time before it gets back on track and starts to produce hormones which regulate your ovulation and menstrual cycle on its own.

This is why is hard to pinpoint exactly what caused the cramping and spotting, especially if you hadn’t done home pregnancy test. It would be accurate by the time of implantation bleeding, if this was that. So, I think you should check because there is some chance, still it’s difficult to say how big is this chance.