My partner has just been diagnosed with celiac disease. Doctor suspected before so he ordered a blood test. Results showed he has a high level of antibodies to gluten and to certain other proteins in the intestinal lining. He did biopsy also, results are tomorrow, but blood test is almost sure sign of celiac disease. I am very worried about him and this is completely new situation and condition for me. I would like to know how it is treated and what is the outlook?

I am sorry to hear this, because there is no cure for celiac disease, but he would be treated and managed successfully with gluten free diet. People with celiac disease need to follow this diet for life, because gluten can be found in everything from breakfast cereals to prepared luncheon meats, people with celiac disease need to be very aware of what's in the foods they eat. If he has just been diagnosed with celiac disease, a doctor or dietitian who specializes in celiac disease can help him develop an eating plan that works with his lifestyle.