I'm 17 and i get stressed out and very depressed pretty often ... i just hav a basically negative attitude towards everything and that causes me to be very anxious and very stressed a lot...
I might come home and spend hours crying because I'll worry about one thing and that will turn into a whole bunch of other worries and uncertainties ... I might start out crying over my mother yelling at me and ask god why i have such a horrible mother and then start crying about how much i wish my parents never got divorced and i could have my daddy and be his little girl, then cry about my doubts about religion ... one thing into another ...
at night im also very anxious and it takes a long time for me to fall asleep because I keep thinking and worrying about things that happened that day, things that I have to do the next day, little things I have to remember to do, important events coming up, long term life stresses like college and applying and college life and if im making the right decisions ... everything ...

are there any over-the-counter pills i could take to calm my anxiety and stress so I can function normally throughout the day and sleep at night? (Mind you, i don't want a sleep aid or something to form a dependency on, but if i can just get rid of my anxieties, then ill be able to sleep)
Even if you've never heard of such a thing, please reply at least so i can stop worrying about there being help (drugs) that may not even exist ... :(

Over the counter anxiety? I doubt it. If you are this upset and having this many problems, it is time to go find someone to talk to and go into therapy. I have the same issues and I was put on lexapro. Its a great prescription drug that treats depression and generalized anxiety disorder (which is what you were describing). If it is affecting your ability to function you need to go see someone.