i am 6 wks pregnant for the first time.  been clean from heroin for 8 mo with the help of suboxone.  switched to subutex as s00n as i found out.  i have LONG history of drug abuse, depression and anxiety and am so scared about coming off the subutex and relapsing (i am not taking any other meds).  my boyfriend doesnt understand y i feel i need the sub in the first place, but is now applying a HUGE amount of pressure for me to end it immediatly.  i know that sub is a fda category c, and is not ideal to take while pregnant, but am so fearful of relapsing if i stop.  does anyone have any advice on what i can say to him to try to make him understand or be more supportive?  i am desperate so please i am happy for any advice anyone had to offer.....

Hello, idk if anyone has replied to u yet, or if you'll even see this, and I know u posted this over a month ago lol so u might've figured something out by now, but, I actually was on H before too. Been clean from it and on suboxone for 4 yrs. In 2010, I became pregnant, and my dr switched me to subutex immediately. I was perscribe 3 8mg tablets a day, but only took 1 and a 1/2 (12mg). I actually had a very good pregnancy, labor, and delivery. I had a beautiful, healthy, 7lb. 12oz. baby boy! He had NO withdrawals at all. Like most cases like mine, we had to stay at hospital for 48 hrs instead of 24 just so dr.'s could monitor him for any WD's, and he was perfect, and still is 2 yrs later. I am exactly 35 wks pregnant now, and currently perscribed subutex again, only this time I am only taking 6mg. and the hospital I will be having her at, requires me to be down to at least 4mg for them to deliver her. It is the closest hospital to me, that's a small town for ya. otherwise I would have to drive an hr in a half to a diff one if I wanted to be on a higher dose. Which isn't worth it to me lol. But anyways, so far this pregnancy has went good. She is a very active and healthy baby so far. Don't get me wrong though, although my last subutex pregnancy went well, I am still a little worried about the effects this one could have otherwise i wouldnt have found these threads. bc EVERY pregnancy is different. So, I would tell your bf my experience and let him know that it would be FAR more dangerous for you to just quit, or switch to something else, than staying on subutex, and even let the dr tell him. I would also make sure your dr knows your situation and let them know you want help, and u want what's best for your baby. My opinion, I STRONGLY suggest any pregnant woman w/ and opiate addiction, to be on subutex vs. ANYTHING else. Well chick, I wish u the best and hope my experience and little advice helps you. If you see this and reply by the time I have my lil girl, I'll let u know and update you on how it goes and how my baby does this time around! Again, best of luck to ya, and tell ur bf to loosen up a little and not make things harder for ya!

I can relate. I have the same history as you & I'm 20 weeks pregnant. Same type of boyfriend too. When I found out, I sat him down & explained to him that it's best for me to remain on subutex, rather than put the fetus thru tremendous difficulty coming off & explained what my path may look like if I came off, given my history. It's not about him or you. He needs to understand that you are going to remain on it for the safety of the baby & your body while carrying that baby. Don't let anyone get in the way of that. If he can't understand that, well, then I don't know. I do have a question for anyone out there, how many days into withdrawal does it take the fetus to go into withdrawal & at what point? Thanks!