Ok..I have nowhere else to turn for advice here, and am hoping that someone here can help. I have no one I can talk to without my whole small town knowing. I have been abusing subutex for about 3 years without a prescription. I had a back injury which got me hooked to vicodin and realizing I was addicted I came across the subutex. The thing is i snor it and and only a wee amount once a day. Its a fairly small pill which i make last over a month.
I just found out I was pregnant not too long ago.. I am about 7 wks. I've been trying since I foundout I was pregnant to get off of this on my own...I dont want to do anything to harm this baby! I have been so sick without it that I cant even leave my bed to take care of my other son. Never did I think that such a small amount would have me hooked :'( So now I am just completely confused. I hear that going off of it the withdrawls can cause miscarriage, I dont want that. I'vr heard that people took it under a doctors watch and the baby came out ok..So if I keep on it will the baby become addicted or have birth defects even tho its a small amount? If I stick to going off of it will I end up miscarriaging (my boyfriend already told me he wouldnt forgive me if I do lose the baby)? And does me snorting it pose more of a risk? I am so scared and dont know who to turn to..Could someone please help me? And please no criticism..

HII!! I just came across your article. I just joined the website looking for answers but in a different topic. Subutex is a drug that you use for withdrawls from opiets. I just wanted to let you know i wont judge you. My bf actually takes subutex 16 mg a day. But your only supposed to have them melt under your tounge, why didnt you have them melt under your tounge instead of sniffing them which can ruin your nasal passage. How much do you sniff a day? Doing it descreetly you should go to a hospital, inpatient detox. for four to five days i know people that did it and its worked. Detox would be a good idea for you. If you need any help you can message me back my bf knows alot about it! Hope this helps a little bit :-) best of luck!

HI! Okay, I'm a reformed heroin addict who was on Subutex maintenance. I found out that I was pregnant about a year after I got clean. However, I was taking 4mg a day and I didn't know what to do. DON'T STOP taking it because it could cause fetal distress and perhaps, miscarriage. I know this is scary and now you're wondering if your baby is going to be hooked too. When I was pregnant, my doctor didn't have any advice for me except to keep with it. Nobody knew if my daughter would be born hooked because no one has heard of a pregnant woman on Subutex (not to mention, Subutex is rarely prescribed BECAUSE of abuse). Suboxone is usually prescribed, but you get switched to Subutex for pregnancy. Naloxone is a particular ingredient in Suboxone that may be harmful to the fetus. Methadone was suggested, but that basically guarantees that she'd face withdrawal so I took the chance. She was born in July 2009, PERFECTLY healthy with no withdrawal symptoms. My daughter was able to come home with us, as planned. She's extremely smart and advanced for her age. She does everything early, she's always laughing, and she's quite a social butterfly. I'm here to tell you that hope is on your side but when your child is born, you need to get help to get off. Stop snorting it, take it under the tongue (as prescribed). Also, I don't know if you have a doctor, but you NEED a subutex doctor to manage you and you need an OBGyn. Always be honest because it's the only way they can help you and your baby. Don't be ashamed and don't let your pride get in the way of your child's health, no matter how embarrassing. Good luck.

I would say to get off now before the baby turns out to be addicted, I was on things for years and I got pregnant and stoped every thing, yes i still think about stuff from now and then but just stop on ur own, the doctor just gonna give u more sh*t that aint good for the baby either. i stopped at 4 weeks from every thing besides smoking cigs, and its hard as hell but it aint about just u any more, there is a baby in ur belly that needs mommy off of sh*t. if i can stop cold turkey i think everyone can, i was doing more sh*t on a every day issue for 6 years things then most can handle in there weekend. its hard as hell, but u can do it, just think of the baby

See Dr F R Klenner's papers Internet.. Dr Klenner reversed drug addiction, countered and saved Drug over dosed patients. Also
Guided Pregnant patients to 300 perfect babies delivered with little or no problems. Some mothers with major health problems. His patients were his enthusiastic guinea pigs. his basic weapon was Vitamin C. Dr klenner died in 1984 ignored by the conventional medical establishment. See his work and many others on the internet at:

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Curious to know what the outcome was. Did u gvo on subutex? How was the baby? I'm 20 weeks & on subutex & afraid my baby will be in hospital forever, thanks

Subutex is for pregnant women and when the baby is born they grade it to see if its going threw withdraws.. but dont let them give it methadone that makes things worse and u have alot more problems.. u do what u need to do.. if u want to stop then wen urself down and talk to ur doc about whats best.. just because 1 person can do it dont mean u have to.. u know ur body and just be HONEST with ur doc they well help u when u tell the truth as apose to lieing about it..