I am very confused. I stopped taking birth control pills a year ago. Since then I have been charting BBT and I have had 4 cycles from 56 to 103 days. I ovulated only on the first one (my luteal phase was 16 days) and on my last (5th) cycle. Right now I am on the 28th day after ovulation. Which means I should have had my period 2 weeks ago. I took HPT which came out negative, I saw my gynecologist who took a urine test (negative). But she did not take a blood test and she did not even examine me. She said she was sure that I was not pregnant beause the urine test was accurate. And I should go back in 3 months if nothing happens.

I do not know what is happening with me. Is it possible that I am 6 weeks pregnant and I do not really have symptoms and I got negative HPT? Maybe I do have some symptoms but they are not very strong: headache (which is the worst), my breasts look a little bit bigger but they are not tender at all, I am bloated a little bit more often as usually.
Or what else can keep my period away?

My Dr. said I was a mystery. I do not think this is the only answer. Please help me!
Should I try to test again in a few days? If it is still negative ... %-)

I know you are charting, but many women who chart are inaccurate. Perhaps you should consider a FERTILITY MONITOR.

You se ALL women will have a period 14-16 days after ovulation, IF THEY ovulate... BUT THE TIME before ovulation varies from woman to woman, cycle to cycle. Some women THINK they are ovulating, but actually have not ovulated yet...

For the most accurate reading, you may want to invest in a Clearblue easy monitor.

i have had irregular periods all my life, as of the last four months or so (may-aug) i have been having two periods a month (at one point i had one that lasted two weeks) i didnt get a period the month of sep, in oct i felt constant sharp pains in my side so i took an ovulation test -four weeks ago this week-, it showed positive (i took more then one ovulation test to be sure within a week i tested every day for 5 days and the first four of five of those days the results were positive) i have been waiting for my perid to show up and still it hasnt came, i have taken a couple pregnancy tests and they were both neg. is it possible to not come on your period after ovulation and still not be pregnant? and should i take into account that my periods are irregular or does that no matter if every woman is suppose to come on their period two weeks after ovulation? i really need some helpful advise, im starting to think something serious is goin on and idk if i need to seek medical attention being that my situatio is far from normal %-)