Hello everybuddy..I am new 2 this site...Im not getting any answers from my doc so i figured i would try here...a little over a month ago me and mt gf were moving out of our 2nd floor apt and into a house...we borrowed her dads truck in exchange for her car...stupid me i left my inhaler (ventolin) in the car...the process of moving was about 3 days long and i was the one running boxes up and down the stairs...stopping at times 2 catch my breath...meanwhile im working an overnight jog and not getting any sleep so im pounding down the amp energy drinks and eating fast food....yes stupid i know...well after the move i am at work and all of a sudden feel like i cant get a deep breath...like you would feel when its time 2 use your inhaler..well my inhaler wasnt working so i knew something was wronge...i went to the ER and they said my lungs sounded fine...blood pressure, heart rate, blood ox level...everything was fine...so they gave me a weeks worth of steroid pills..i 4get the name...but they didnt help anything...my stomach jus hurt alot that week..not sure if it was from the meds of the illness....so a couple days go by and no change so i go back 2 the ER and they take an x-ray this time of my chest...came out healthy as a horse..so they said to stay on the steroid pills...well as you can guess nothing changed so i went 2 see my actual doctor and she ran the same basic tests and couldnt come up with an answer...then she asked if i was losing sleep...i said yes so she said it my be acid reflux...so she put me on ranitidine....nothing changed....went back...said it may be a rib or muscle outta wack...so they put me on diazepam....still nothing....i suggest maybe a ct scan or something and she said that a ct scan or upper endoscopy prolly wont show anything and they dont outway the "risk factors"...so they run a blood test 4 a clot which turns up negative and now we are waiting on my pft breathing results....what should I do people???...Am i getting the treatment i am suppossed to here?!?!....any feed back would be great....THANX!!!!!

Hi honey! So with all of this "good news" so to speak, has anyone stated that you have asthma? The reason why I am asking if they have brought this up again for you is this! I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with your past breathing problems, I think it has EVERYTHING to do with what you are ingesting!

My eldest son has an enlarged aeorta! He too was drinking the energy drinks etc. His cardiologist said that this will lead to his certain death! And he also said the following "These drinks should be banned, they cause breathing difficulties, lack of sleep, anxiety, depression, and heart attacks" When you add a night job and poor diet, what you are taking in, your body is turning around and giving you a slap upside the head! So to speak!

Your heart and lungs are like 1 organ! Whatever you do to your heart affects your lungs and visa versa! So your heart rate would rise on those certain occaisions and then cause MAJOR breathing difficulties! When you go to the doctors, you have to be in a FULL OUT attack so they can detect whats going on at that VERY moment! Unfortunately the only way of doing that is calling an ambulance and having someone detect it while it's happening!

The reason why I know this, is because this happened to me! I wasn't sleeping i was on MAJOR drugs for pain, which gave me the same Enphedra reaction as the energy drinks and one morning WHAM!!!!! Couldn't breathe, couldn't catch my breath and my heart was pounding out of my chest! An ambulance was called and they had to put oxygen on me and they put me on the heart monitor it was OFF the charts! As soon as I was admitted into a bed in emergency EVERYTHING went away - of course! Thank Good ness the ambulance techs had the print out! And I was diagnosed with - of all things - a severe anxiety attack! So that is what I think is going on with you! You have had a lot going on, you have been pushing your body to the brink and not giving it a break - as in resting fully and sleeping!

So for the next week I want you to try something for me! Start drinking lots of water, STOP the energy drinks, try and rest as much as possible, and get enough sleep, and for one week eat Vegetables, and salads etc. Be a TOTAL health nut for 1 week! And see how you feel after that! If you are having trouble sleeping take Melatonin from your local health food store! And lets see if this works at getting your breathing difficulties under control OK? I had to change EVERYTHING and I felt better instantly! Also IF you have been experiencing a LOT of anxiety or stress recently this could DEFINITELY be connected to this too! You might need an anti anxiety medication like Clonazepam! But lets see first OK? Please let me know how you are doing! Good luck and health!

wow bambi i guess this site really does work....speedy reply!
I will deff try the vegi diet out....and yes those drinks r poison...they alwayz bothered my upper right side of my abs...which i thought was an ulcer...i tol the doc and she did a ulcer test 2 see if it was bleeding...which i mus say...was very wronge ukno wit the whole finger in the u kno what lol...but no blood turned up.....she dosnt think its gerd related due 2 my unusual symptoms..or lack there of that r gerd related...i dont hav heart burn or anything....but the fact is..is i am with u on what caused this problem...i just want 2 make sure that i am treated correctly and that there was no perminant damage done...so i will insist on the ct scan of my mid section 2 see if we can see the problem..or atleast rule things out.....but the vegi diet is in with a side of sum H2O...thanx 4 the support and ill deff keep u posted!!!

Your welcome honey! And unfortunately or fortunately - depending on what side of my life you are on! ;-) 8-| - I also know about Refulx and stomach problems - from my youngest son! and I can say with 100% certainty you do Not have any symptoms related to heart burn, reflux and problems with your stomach's aeorta or irritable bowel syndrome etc. etc. etc. ALL of the stomach problems have NOTHING to do with breathing problems, they can eventually lead to problems with your stomachs aeorta having arythmia! But that doesn't match your symptoms! Like I said hon, I have a LOT of experience with different health concerns due to strange and regular things happening to either myself or my loved ones! So I can tell you a CT won't show anything, but if it puts your mind at ease then so be it! Have you had any anxiety/stress issues lately?! This could also answer why you aren't believing the doctors - I know that doesn't make sense to you right now, but it does if you have stress! That's another topic though! So just take time to relax and take a breather from anything hectic, and don't add to that OK? good luck honey1

Im sorry that u and urs hav had the medical troubles that uve said....Ive tried 2 stay humble and hopeful in this by reminding myself that theres alwayz sumbuddy else out there with sumthin alot worse than me..so i jus need 2 relax and trust in the doctors....it was jus weird how this whole thing came on all of a sudden and hasnt gone away...i mean there are timnes where the symptoms seem 2 lessen and worsen but neva truley leave...i think the hardest part is the doctors not diagnosin me yet...i jus figure wit all the technology that they hav they can figure it out....i dont live a very stressful life..pretty easy goin guy...but i do go 2 the gym alot and lift weights....i try 2 live a pretty healthy life...I am 6 ft 215 lbs and can bench 300 lbs so the weight is alot muscle not fat....but i suppose weight lifting can put stress on the body...along with the move and lack of inhaler....i jus want 2 make sure i didnt damage my lungs or hav a strained muscle or rib outta wack....cover all my basis....rather be safe than sorry..but i hav been outta work 4 a couple weeks now...drinking only water and hav been eatin farely healthy...so we will see....I appreciate ur take on my illness...and that i hav someone that understands my problem..i see the doc on thurs and i will post the results.....
thanx again
~S

Not to beat a dead horse here! BUT sometimes and anxiety attack can actually happen from events, weeks, months even years ago!! that just something fliped on the light! As lon as nothing upsetting happened then it is more than likely just nerves. IF it ws your ribs hon, you oule be in TERRIBLE pain! I know about that too 8-| XD So don't think that way Ok! Also when they took an xray they would have seen somethning - OK?

can anxiety or stress symptoms last this long??? over a month???....i dont kno cus i hav never had it be4 i guess...and the x-ray was jus a chest x-ray...the doc actually is the one who said it may be somethin outta wack...hense the muscle relaxers...and i do have a tightness in the diamond area between the chest and abs...and sometimes in the center of the chest....well im off 2 bed...night

jus not thinking it is stress...anybuddy hav any other thoughts?
thanx

Tightness can be caused by stress but it could also be something like a bronchial infection so I don't know what to tell you other than that's a strong possibility. What do you think? Do you have any other symptoms aside from difficulty breathing?

sometimes i get headaches and slepplessness...waking up every hour or two.....I was put on Clonazepam a couple weeks ago and have been doing great until i went 2 the gym the otha morning afta a long night at work and about half way through my workout I noticed the symptoms coming back...I have stayed on the Clonazepam and it hasnt been as bad as it used to be but the sensation is back alittle bit....Im guessing I should have stayed away from the gym a while longer and jus have been patiant and take baby steps back....is it possible that it isnt a mental stress thing but more of a body stress???
by the way I have had bloos work done and everything and everything has come back 100% healthy...I also had a pft test and that was perfect 2....so i guess its more of a tight chest sensation...i have the feeling I cant breath but am actually gettin all the oxogen i need...any thoughts???
thanx

When you mention a late night then going to the gym, that is the answer for you! Stress is stress, it is high levels of the stress hormone that is affecting either your brain or your body! I am thinking that you are just too tired and worn out for exerction. You need to listen to your body and rest when you need to and exert when you can! Your body will always let you know when it needs a break, it is up to us to follow it's warning signs!!! Good luck and health!

You asked about anxiety lasting that long but I want you to know that it definitely can! How are you doing now? I want an update if you're still around. Let me know, okay? Thank you.

I am doing a lil betta..it is still off and on...i am going 2 hav an mri and a x-ray thing on my heart....the doctor dosnt think it is stress anymore...but a strained muscle in the chest or back...possibly caused by an anxiety attack or 2 much stress on my body from the gym and the move....ill let u know

Well, I'm glad to hear that the doctor has at least moved on from the stress theory if your body still is feeling awful after being relaxed. Can you give me an update if you have one? Thanks! :)

HFG@
thanx 4 the support...anywayz i went and saw a diff doctor and she gave me a diagnosis right off the bat...she said that it is my ribs on my right side that are not expanding all the way with deep breaths due 2 multiple muscle strains...she said this could hav been developing over years and years from my asthma...and the move just triggered it or strained the muscles there...she said no mri or ct scan would show anything because it only shows holes like torn muscles...she said due to the other doctors prescriptions and bad advice...it could hav worsened the whole strain....and i may live with this condition 4 the rest of my life...I wonder if that is considered a lawsuit type malpractice...?!?!....anywayz...the weird part is she didnt prescribe me any medications like muscle relaxers or anything..she said slowly start going back 2 the gym and focus more on 1 muscle per visit...and more cardio and stretching...and 2 go see her in 2 months....
does that sound right??? im not sure....i think the diagnosis is correct...but the no meds???
write back
thanx

ps. she said that since im 5'11" and 210lbs..I shouldnt hav been benching 300lbs..and 2 not take creatine cus that is bad 4 u....ive taken creatine 4 years and hav read that almost every weight lifter uses it....yes maybe i was goin 2 hard at the weights but i think she was a lil prejudice toward body building...(she made a few cracks on Arnold lol)