I know there are many diet scams out there that claim quick and easy weight loss. Also I know most of them don’t work, and that is even dangerous. My mother teaches me those diet pills can contain harmful chemicals and mixtures of substances that could put people at serious health risk. I would like to know more about this problem, why diet pills are so dangerous sometimes?

The most important is that you never let them fool you by products claiming to be all natural. Those pills may not even contain what the labels say they do. Those diet pills can have too much of vitamin, mineral or herb, or dangerous combination of all three. Example of dangers of diet aids are diet pills in form of appetite suppressants such as phenylprplanolamine, caffeine pills and ephedrine hydrochloride. There are wide varieties of diet pills on the market that are available, and most of them have addictive qualities, and some may contain small amount of laxative. Diet pills, both over-the-counter and prescription, can cause the following: nervousness, restlessness, insomnia, high blood pressure, fatigue and hyperactivity, and heart arrhythmias and palpitations. List doesn’t stop here, but also there can occur and tightness in chest, tingling in extremities, excessive persperation, dizziness, disruption in mentrual cycle, change in sex drive, hair loss, blurred vision, fever and urinary tract problems. Overdoses can cause tremors, confusion, hallucinations, shallow breathing, renal failure, heart attack and convulsions, as just one more example of dangers of diet aids.