Hey. I assume that giving your dog treats such are doggy biscuits is very controversial topic. And you know why I think so? Because in the last couple of days whenever I go and whoever I want to talk to about making doggy biscuits and give them to my dog, people told me that I should not do it.

A lot of people lately told me that doggy biscuits have a lot of dangers and risks.

I don’t really understand it since I think that this is regular food like every other. But maybe I don’t know a lot about it.

So I came here to seek for good advice.

Can you tell me what are dangers and risks of doggy biscuits and why I should not or should give it to my dog?

Greetings,

Angelina

Hey Angelina :)

Welcome to the club :) We are here to help you as much as we can.

About your question – that really depends. Of course that you need to be careful because a lot of products that they sold us today can be dangerous and unhealthy. In many ways.

For example, they can be really unhealthy for your dog’s digestive and oral system. A lot of ingredients that you can find on the labels of doggy biscuits that you can buy can be unhealthy. So many dogs will have vomiting, diarrhea because their digestive system is not able to digest these treats well. On the other side they will gain the weigh.

Instead of buying, I suggest you to make them at your kitchen. :)

Good luck darling!

Hello. OK, the main danger and risk is obesity. If you are feeding your dog with much of biscuits he can become really obesity.

You know a lot of pet owners have no time to take care of their dogs so they just give them those treats to calm them down. Dogs are satisfied, owner is satisfied and everyone is happy. Well, this is very short – term and very soon your dog will get fat because of the sugar in those treats.

I don’t support the idea of giving treats to your dog. They definitely can live without them.

Good luck :)

Hello three of you. I really think that you should not worry that much if you are planning to make biscuits for your dog. That is the only way to control what you are feeding your dog with. I suppose that big risk is obesity, but big danger and risk is diabetes as well.

If you are feeding your dog with treats that contain sugar can lead to diabetes. 

Owners must pay attention to their dog’s chewing habits when they are choosing treats. Some treats can also cause vomiting and diarrhea because they are not able to digest treats well and they gain weight.

I don’t think of this as of a very controversial topic. Of course you are going to give your dog a treat or two from time to time. The thing is, and I don’t mean to be rude here, but the thing is- people are stupid. Majority of people have no idea that ingredients such as peanut butter for example are very caloric and need to be consumed in limited amounts if you don’t want your dog to become obese.  That’s pretty much the only danger of doggy biscuits. Your dog might like it too much, they might bee too tasteful.

⬆  This is actually true.

The main ‘’dangers’’ or the main ‘’risks’’ of doggy biscuits are the ones that include obesity and issues caused by the sugar that the biscuits contain.

I’ve been feeding my dog very healthy ever since he was a puppy and I really don’t think that two biscuits a day could kill him. I don’t think they present any danger for him. Of course, I make them without sugar, especially artificial sugar, only natural, mostly organic ingredients.

So there are dangers, but not if you’re doing it wisely. Even the most healthy ingredients have their risks if used wrongly.

Oh it is controversial. Believe it or not, I got in a fight with my two best friends one night when they started assaulting me because ‘’ I don’t take a proper care of my dog ’’. The conclusion was made based on a fact (among other things) that I give biscuits to my dog very often.
I do give my dog treats sometimes just to keep him busy, but it’s certainly not that big a deal. It’s not like he is obese. And if I understood well, as long as it’s not affecting his weight, you can give him as much as you want. If they’re not with sugar of course.

I don’t consider doggy biscuits dangerous at all. Especially the ones that you make at your home. Of course, you won’t just add all the leftovers, bake them and give them to your dog. You must consider their nutritional needs and daily caloric intake. Keep in mind that those biscuits aren’t suppose to come instead of a regular meal, they’re supposed to be used as a treat, once or twice per day.

And when it comes to biscuits that you can buy in pet shops, just google the brand first so you don’t end up buying some poor quality biscuits from China since a lot of sources say that many toxic biscuits arrive from China to the US and Europe.