Hi everybody. I am planning to start with Danish diet. The other day I’ve heard some people in my building talking about it. I was in the same elevator so I couldn’t help overhear. They sounded pretty amazed with it. This woman said her daughter was never able to lose weight until she discovered this diet. As soon as I entered the apartment I googled it and I found out a lot of good things about it. It seems like a very good diet. Could somebody tell me the bad side of it? Are there any dangers of following this diet?

Well I believe you can certainly lose weight with this diet, but the question is, what will it do to your organism.

This diet is a low calorie diet. It suggests extremely low calorie intake  (I think we are talking about 600 calories a day). While you are on this diet, the extremely low number of calories can make you feel weak and tired. Even worse, you will be more receptive to illnesses probably. Another thing you should worry about is the fact that you can suffer from vitamin and mineral deficiencies.

Be careful, any low calorie diet can be dangerous.

I couldn’t agree more. Every diet that restricts calories to 800 a day(or less) is in a group of low calorie diets. For following this type of diet you will need strict medical supervision.

Remember it is not good for you to skip meals in order to reduce your calorie intake.

Some doctors claim that low calorie diets should only serve for the usage of obese people whose life can be in danger if they remain in their current weight.

If you decide to follow this diet, you may encounter: constipation, diarrhea, fatigue, anemia, electrolyte imbalances, heart problems, gallstones, nausea etc.