My brother is diagnosed with schizophrenia. At first I had trouble with acknowledging that, but I have realized that I can run away from it. Now, I have trouble with acting properly at crisis time. Can you tell me, how I can deal with someone who has schizophrenia.

Hi! I must that is best way to get information about dealing with person how schizophrenia has is to talk with his doctor. Because I am in similar position this advice. In short, or first hand following suggestions may help. You can not reason with acute psychosis, but do not express anger or irritation. Never threaten, because it can increase assault behavior. Decrease other distractions immediately (radio, TV). Don’ shouts and criticizes. Try not stand over person if he or she is seated. You should seat also. If psychotic episode includes violence, don’t hesitate to call the police.