I have been married for two and a half years, no kids; have a good relationship with my family, work a full time job and taking college class. My problem is my husband…well he doesn't do household chores, unless he feels like it. He likes to spend money, two cars…but what’s not acceptable is his anger. I've been the subject of verbal abuse (cursing at me and cursing at my entire family by him). I am thinking about separation. He hit me (punched my lower right jaw)once while we were walking out of a bar while having some argument and I called the cops but my two brother came right at that time and convinced the cops not to arrest him. I can’t sleep some nights after the way he hit me. I just can’t get that picture out of my mind. It is distracting me, our marriage, my work and my relations with him. He also tried to cover it up by telling family that he didn’t hit me; he pushed me when clearly I know. The next day my jaw was swollen and I took pictures as well to prove it. He has major controlling issues and I can't take his anger and this fear of being hit again by him. He is always angry about everything in life. Even if I ask him one simple question, it takes him over 2-3 minutes to process it and answers me with irritation and bad attitude. His mood also changes on a daily basis. What do I do? Is there anyone else in this situation? o.O

dear girl o girl,

i may not be exactly of the same situation as yours but i know how difficult it is to deal with it. we really don't know if this is so called love or stupidity. the fact that he hits you is an alarming sign that he doesn't respect you at all. I always ask myself why are there so many battered women? why do people hurt each other wherein fact they're claiming that they love each other?

Try to get some professional help if they can help your husband or other options (if this can be solve). Assess your self and pray.

:-( This last weekend my husband and I got into an argument and he begins by cursing, verbal abuse I guess and it quickly escilated into him hitting me. He has anger issues and we have had physical fights in the past, but nothing like this. I finally got away from him and called the police. He spent the night in jail. I have a 2 black eyes and have not been able to leave the house all week for fear of someone seeing me. We have 2 children (15 & 13) that know all about what happened.

He knows he needs help with his anger issues and has already made an appointment to speak with someone. Actually I have an appointment as well to speak with someone but not for another week.

I feel awful. I feel so many things. does he hate me so much? Am I so horrible to live with? We have been married 15 years and I truly thought we were at that comfortable stage in our marriage. Now everything has changed and I wonder will we ever get over this? What is going to happen to us?

My husband always hits me when he is having some anger issues. When it happened for the first time, I was not blaming him. I was blaming this situation and I was sure that he doesn't know what he is doing.

But the last time it was so, so bad that I didn't know what is going on. Even the police came in our house, they were trying to calm this whole situation.

That was the last thing that he did this because I moved out from our house. I love him and I don't know what to do.

He promised to me that he is going to change. He is going to some group therapies and they helped him so far.

We will see what is going to happen in the future. 

It was about a week ago that I've was beaten my husband, over the smallest little thing that he could've done himself and I've been married for 5 years and my husband the same, he does only what he wants and when he wants. Everything we get into a misunderstanding he threaten to hit me and before you know it, his already strike at me. His father is that he's wrong to have beaten me and dragged me out but a husband has every right to beat his wife if she disobey him! I'm thinking to myself that I'm no one punching bag or mattress ... I'm hurt physically and mentally! I want out!

My husband has hit me numerous times always when we've fought about something silly. He's European and thinks that because he didn't punch me, he just slaps and hits hard, that it's normal and I hit him too so we're even. I have only hit him in defense or retalliation. I don't know what to do about this? Today we're not speaking to each other. His mood changes from day to day too. One day he loves and adores me and when we fight he swears and says the most incredibly cruel things to me. What should I do?

My husband hits me too I wonder if counseling would work, he is middle eastern. I will make sure he goes. Has any ones husband went to counseling and he got better? He is perfect besides the verbal and physical abuse that's why I won't leave him and I still love him. I know a lot of people think us lady's are stupid but they don't understand unless there dealing with the same thing.

Sad but true ...it is really painful for a girl to bear domestic violence. I always wondered that when you love someone you can fight/argue/scream/have differences but never dare to raise hand.....till....I myself experienced it! Sigh! I am into just 3 months old wedlock and i experienced brutal beatings from my husband. He slapped me lefts/rights over a small argument. We have been dating/loving each other for past 3 yrs and now after wedding , I never dreamt i will get to see this ugly face of him..I cry every day and night and i am completely confused....should I leave him or give him one more chance

I was married for 11 years to a Middle Eastern Man..That hit me and I am sorry to say this, but it is their culture and nothing will change him.. I tried believe me, and it got worse and worse..He eventually tried to kill me.. I have been away from my abuser for 8 years now and met a man that is wonderful and would never lay a hand on me. You are in a cycle right now called (Battered Womens Syndrome) Guess what, I know that he hits you and then he tells you he is sorry and that he will never do it again, and maybe he even cries...I feel for you, because I was there... You believe every word he say's and think that he will change..No Doctor or medication will ever change a way a person was raised.. Sorry!!! Please get some help for yourself and get out of there, while you can...

im dating an armenian man for 6 months now. we got into an argument 3 days ago and he hit me across the face. it wasent with a closed fist and it wasent very hard but it still shocked the heck out of me. this was the first time he did this. i dont think he would ever actually beat me but i think this may be a part of his culture. i dont know what to do because other than that moment he is an amazing boyfriend. he has every quality that i want in a man. we get along great. i dont know what to do...do i give up everything because of that one moment or do i stay and risk the loss of respect?

I have been married for 12 yrs to an Asian-indian man. He blames his abusive behavior on me. In his eyes I am not good enough: Not enough sex, not the right food, not raising the kids right. The list goes on. The thing is that it doesn't truly get better, it gets worse unless they seek professional help. Please understand that it isn't you ladies, it is them (culture or not). We live in a liberated country and this behavior is not appropriate no matter what the reason. In my case I am getting a divorce, it was a hard decision, but it will get worse for me and my children. I don't want my children to see me broken anymore. They deserve a life without violence. Believe me, I tried leaving so many times so I can truly relate, but if the men in your life just don't want to get help then it is time to leave. Remember to not get caught trying to change them because it's not going to happen. They are going to keep doing this to you until you break and lose your self worth. It is all about control for them. To them you are not their love, but their PROPERTY! Good luck

My husband also verbally abuses me. He is an Asian Canadian. I don't think it has anytihng to do with your religion or culture. Its how your parents raised you.
He yells at me in front of his family. We dont have any kids. He pushed me twice last time when we had a fight. His parents were standing there. No one moved. No one told him that he is wrong. I dont think anyone even felt that he pushed me. He swears at me. Says I'm not sexy, I'm not thin, styles don't suit me. I can;t keep his prents happy.
All this happened just because his sister wants to know when will I have kids. She wants to know if we are trying or not. Is it wrong if I dont want to discuss it with her. And he told everyone that we've been triyng.
Life of Asian women is nothing more that piece of c**p.

I` been in the same situation as everybody else i had a very unhealty relationship with my husband he used to hit me very hard not just that he also hurt me with his offenses and insults, he left for good 3 week ago i am confused I dont Know if that was rigth o r not we have a son and i want him to grow with his dad, but i also want him to grow in a nice family and what we had wasnt close to it i Know I love him but i cant live with him ..................

I have been married for 7 years; I have 2 girls; have a good relationship with my family, work a full time job. My problem is my husband…well he doesn't do household chores.. He likes to spend money and time, for friends and drinks.. My husband also verbally abuses me (cursing at me and cursing at my family by him). He always talks about my past life. He always tells that I slept with other man. I can’t even talk to a guy. If I talk to a guy he think that I sleep with them and all.. my husband has hit me numerous times always when we've fought about something silly. He hit me (punched my chin). I can’t sleep some nights after the way he hit me. I just can’t get that picture out of my mind. It is distracting me, my work and my relations with him. He also tried to cover it up by telling family that he didn’t hit me;. The next day my face was swollen and I took pictures as well to prove it. He has major controlling issues and I can't take his anger and this fear of being hit again by him. He is always angry about everything in life. Even if I ask him one simple question, answers me with irritation and bad attitude. My kids also know about his character until my daughter told me today that she never expect the father like that. Why he doing this to us. Not spending time with us always friends and drinks only. She also told that she having some fear don’t know when the father going to hit the mother. I truly very sad about my kids. I scared that it might affect their brain. I worried that it might affect their future. Poor girls. I don’t mind if their boys. One day he loves and adores me and when we fight he swears and says the most incredibly cruel things to me I cry every day and night and i am completely confused....should I leave him or give him one more chance. What should I do? I don’t want to tell my family. Please Help

Well when I read somethings here I felt that men are the worst thing to be created by God. They should be crusified. Bludy thr mothers who bring them up like this should be dragged on road and slapped 10 times then these bit***s should be killed. Dont even lay back just slap ur husband whenever possible bcoz men who cant respect thr wifes are fit for nothing. Rather I feel we should slap them whenever we get a chance. We should actually leave them but unfotunately we women get scared of the outcomes