I have a huge problem that I do not know where to seek for help. I know doctor would be the best for this, but still I need to hear what you could tell me. I want to have a baby and I am trying for a year already but nothing. However, my last period was light, and my friend said it is possible to have decidual bleeding in my first pregnancy. Can you tell me more about this, is there any chance I am pregnant?

You have to know that many women can experience episodes of bleeding and spotting during pregnancy. Bleeding is especially common in the first trimester and about 30% of pregnant women may experience this. Although fewer women bleed during the second and third trimesters, spotting is still possible during whole pregnancy. However, this bleeding is actually something different then usual period. To understand this, you have to know that your period is caused by your menstrual cycle. During this cycle, the body releases hormones, which send signals to reproductive organs. Then, it is possible to perform certain actions, such as let ovaries to release an egg. Meanwhile, a protective layer of blood and tissue thickens along the walls of your uterus, so if this egg is not fertilized, hormone levels will drop. Then it is signaling to your body that it is time to shed the lining that built up in your uterus, what causes period. Decidual bleeding is one of the most common causes of period-like bleeding during pregnancy. The fact is that sometimes, during pregnancy, body’s hormones can get malfunctioning, causing to lose parts of the lining of uterus. This is especially common in the early stages of pregnancy, before the lining has completely attached to the placenta, which is the most common time to notice decidual bleeding. However, decidual bleeding is generally not thought to be a health threat to you or your baby.