Hello, folks. My friend has been really diagnosed with narcissistic disorder. He is really all into this stuff how he is the smartest and the most handsome guy. I wonder if there are depression episodes in narcissism. Can they suffer from this? I would appreciate all your replies. Thank you in advance.

Hello, there. It doesn’t have to mean necessarily that there is a link between depression and narcissism. One person can suffer from both disorders. However, maybe narcissist can suffer from depression if he does not meet the adequate response from the environment. By “adequate” I mean the one that suits his needs. If no one admires him like he wishes, he may suffer. This is really complex question. You should talk to an expert about this. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck!

Hi, there. I will agree with the previous post. I guess these people can be depressed if no one admires them. I had a friend once who was narcissist. No one could stand him. When he realized that no one is admiring him, he was really depressed. He went to seek medical help later. He is much better now. You should tell your friend to do the same if he already hasn’t. Bye!