HI. I’m 31 and have a huge problem. I’ve been diagnosed with eczema 5 years ago. At first, I treated it with some creams my doc prescribed me and everything worked out just fine. After all, rush was not so severe at that time. But, during last 2 months I’ve experienced really severe swelling and redness that I can no longer control with the meds I have. I’ve went to doc again and he proscribed few different creams but with no effect. I have a feeling that this eczema became resistant to the cream I’ve been using all these years. Then, 2 days ago my friend mentioned lotion, I thing It’s name was Desowen, or something like that. He told me I should try it.. But, as I’ve really tried many lotions and creams, I’m not so sure that this one will help me. Is there anybody out there who knows more on this Desowen lotion?? Any info would be appreciated.

Well, your friend is right - Desowen lotion is used for the treatment of the redness, swelling and itching that is associated with a number of skin ailments such as eczema and psoriasis. On the other hand, I don’t know weather it will help you, especially knowing that other similar meds did not help you. Also, you should not use it if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any of the following ingredients: desonide, sodium lauryl sulphate, light liquid paraffin, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, methyl hydroxybenzoate, propyl hydroxybenzoate, sorbitan monostearate, self-emulsifying glyceryl monostearate, edetate sodium, sodium hydroxide and citric acid solution. Also, do not use it if you have a viral skin infection (such as cold sores, shingles or chicken pox) or a fungal skin infection. If I were you I would first check it with my doctor and star using it only after he approves it.