Hi everyone. I'm 7 months pregnant and I was wondering what is the best lotion I can use to help prevent stretch marks? I am using cocoa butter lotion and almond oil body lotion right now, but I was just wondering if there is anything better to use. I do not have any stretch marks yet but I still have 2 months to go. I'd appreciate if you could suggest anything better? Thanks

Hey girl. You can put any lotion or cream you want, and it will moisturize your skin. But that's just small part. The more important part is nourishing your skin from the inside out with proper nutrition and hydration. Stretch marks are all about proteins. So try including more proteins in your diet, as they helps elasticity in your skin. Eating right balance of nutrients and drinking plenty of fluids will make your skin healthy and more able to stretch. I have an experience with this because I'm registered nurse. Many pregnant women are crazed about stretch mark creams, but they forget about more important factors, such as nutrition and hydration, which actually prevent stretchmarks.

Hunh, I never knew that. I guess that's why I never got stretch marks - my cravings were for protein so I ate a lot of eggs and beans.

Try coconut oil - natural and smells great, don't need a lot of either, so goes a long way.